Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2022, 05:19 PM   #1
Wheelieryder

2001 damon challenger 335

I just traded my grand national for this rv and I'm soooooooooo lost I know nothing about it I plugged it into my home and I'm not getting power to tvs fridge lights etc I don't know how to drain tanks legit nothing does fridge run off of propane? How do I get power to inside.. is there a switch? I'm lost. There was no manuals in it and I'm losttttt I need help �� if someone can reply that would be great it has a Onan 5500 generator in it but I can't get it to stay running for more then like 30 seconds.. I'm taking rv on the 13th to flat nasty to play with my honda talon for a few days and I'm about to bring my own jobsite generator and some window unit ac's cuz its gonna be hot I have portable Colman camping stoves to cook but I want this thing to work.. please and thanks
Wheelieryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 05:44 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum

Does it have a charged battery? Did you fill the propane tanks?

If you can list the brand and model of each appliance we can figure out how it works. There will be lots of questions and requests for pics to get you going.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:15 PM   #3
Wheelieryder

Yes it's a charged house battery. I put it on a tender charge so 100 percent. And vehicle battery is good easily starts and No I have not filled propane tank I took a video but do not know how to share it in here
Wheelieryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:43 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If you upload the video to YouTube it can be viewed by members.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 07:30 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelieryder View Post
Yes it's a charged house battery. I put it on a tender charge so 100 percent. And vehicle battery is good easily starts and No I have not filled propane tank I took a video but do not know how to share it in here
Suggest you take on the process of learning the systems in an RV one bite at a time. Start with the power. ALL RVs work essentially the same regardless of year, make and model. You will have a battery with the Ford engine in that thing and one or more batteries just associated with the camper. When you plug into shore power, the AC power goes to a panel of circuit breakers and into your converter which charges the RV battery(s) as it converts to DC for lights and other 12V stuff.

First thing you need to do is check your power source. Is it from a dedicated 30A RV plug? If not, you will not be able to go much farther. Power comes into the camper via your power cord which has a hot wire, neutral and ground. One let of each hot go to each circuit breaker; these are black and a fatter black wire goes to your converter which keeps the RV batteries charged and the DC fused circuits. The white wire coming in on the power cord goes to a neutral buss bar where they are tied into by the white wires from each piece of romex going to the circuits in your coach as well as a bigger white wire going to your converter to complete DC circuits. The ground wire is green and has its own buss bar and ties into circuits the same as the neutral.

When you start messing with the power, you may want to unplug and check connection to the AC buss bars and circuit breakers if you don't have A/C and if no DC (lights and things), then the connection to the converter. You really need to get the RV battery(s) load tested. They do this for free at most auto parts stores.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote