Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2015, 06:35 AM   #1
pmcmath

Fuzion 371 w/Onan 5500 Generator fix

Well we are temporarily living in our hauler while remodeling and yesterday came home to a 96 degree coach lol. Electricians had cut my power so after them getting back running I decided this morning to try to fix my generator. Went down to the auto parts store and purchased some carb cleaner because it would not start. Took the 2 bolts and the two nuts to release the carb and dumped all the fuel out of the bowl. Took off the fuel line and bent the plastic tube with the carb cleaner and sprayed it until the cleaner came out of the bowl tube. Put everything back together and fired it up. It took about three to four primes to get it going. Once it started running the light was flashing rapidly. I stopped it and got a code 14. Weird but I decided to turn everything off and retry again. Started from scratch and fired it off again and solid light, been running for an hour now and both A/C's cranking. Also I dumped some stabil into the tank this time. Finally I'm a happy camper again haha. Has anybody else had this happen? If so I hope this helps. Don't get frustrated when you first crank it after cleaning. It takes a couple of rounds to get it going.
pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #2
beemerguy

Thanks for the head's up. Had a Raptor with carb. problem's, they replaced the carb. lucky it was under warranty, very expensive. I start my Gen. every month and fill with non-Ethanol gas, so far no problems.

ron
1974 VW Thing
beemerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:18 AM   #3
spicercars

Had the same problem with my raptor and it was the fuel pump. Replaced it and it runs great.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:21 AM   #4
beemerguy

I have the Fuzion 371 use Etholel free gas, run every month for the last 10 months and it stopped ,Code 36. Onan Tech. says change fuel filter, so I did, not getting any gas from were it hooks to carb., hear pump running when priming. Not yet a year old. Can I take to any RV shop to replace the fuel pump or do I have to use an Onan Service Center?
1974 VW Thing
beemerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Any RV shop can do it. They may have to order the pump, Onan service center probably has the pump in stock. They aren't hard to change if you have any mechanical skills.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:00 PM   #6
shmthaus

Our Raptor 412 was just over a year old when the generator wouldn't start. When I tried priming at the gen versus inside, there was no sound. My research advised that you should hear the primer "thumping", but again there was no sound. Fortunately we have an extended warranty and the fuel pump was replaced.

I have Stabil in the tank but also use Sea Foam to keep the carb clean. I alternate using Sea Foam and Diesel Kleen in my F250. Does it really work, don't really know for sure, but I don't mind throwing a few bucks at it.

2014 Raptor 412TS
2010 Ford F250 4x4
shmthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:25 AM   #7
dcg9381

FYI - the Onan pump is actually built (I believe by a company called AirTex). See if you can find the part number on the existing pump, it's usually E-something.

AirTex pumps are sold on Amazon, about 50% less than the Onan branded one.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote