Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2022, 08:58 AM   #41
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrispyjCSLT22 View Post
And for the same price they should certainly contain the same quality materials.. Ford and Chevy both use aluminum panels in their vehicles.. even Grand Design is now using Azdel... I'm glad you had great luck with yours and I did give this brand a chance as I like the 189RB and the 23RB but if you would scroll up and look at the glue/seal job on a brand new unit on the lot(and several others on the lot were the same), that doesn't give me the sense of quality.. now I'm OMW to Arby's since they have the meats.
My take on this, using the food analogy, you bought the kids burger at Mickey Ds with only ketchup & a pickle but want the Big Mac with 2 all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, onions on a sesame seed bun for the same price.
Good luck finding that!
Replacement undetermined
Old 09-24-2022, 01:02 PM   #42
wegone

Not to get too far offtrack.......

But this thread to me has been played out, and very much in common, all across the spectrum on many other topics, views, beliefs.

In today's political-social environment we see those claiming their tolerance of issues as virtue, while exhibiting anything but tolerance to those who disagree or have differing views and beliefs.

I love trout fishing, I use worms and cut off levi's to wade.
Some purists find me lacking and uncouth because my way doesn't match their hatch, and surely not their outlay.

Same thing with photography.
I use digital and editing programs that allow me a lot of leeway in turning a lousy picture into a work of art.

Some "film" folks consider in lessor, some call it cheating because of lack of knowledge and skill.

I think we will always have with us our differences, count it as a blessing instead of an affront.

Example.... ice cream.

This last remark kind of highlights it all:

It's up to the purchaser to determine what they like and which manufacturer builds a product that most closely meets their individual needs. As for me, I'm thankful that my 2014 Keystone Cougar wasn't built like a 2014 Flagstaff

The last sentence was a slam against someone else, justified or not, it keeps the pot stirring, while blaming the spoon.....
Old 09-24-2022, 01:23 PM   #43
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Not to get too far offtrack.......

But this thread to me has been played out, and very much in common, all across the spectrum on many other topics, views, beliefs.

In today's political-social environment we see those claiming their tolerance of issues as virtue, while exhibiting anything but tolerance to those who disagree or have differing views and beliefs.

I love trout fishing, I use worms and cut off levi's to wade.
Some purists find me lacking and uncouth because my way doesn't match their hatch, and surely not their outlay.

Same thing with photography.
I use digital and editing programs that allow me a lot of leeway in turning a lousy picture into a work of art.

Some "film" folks consider in lessor, some call it cheating because of lack of knowledge and skill.

I think we will always have with us our differences, count it as a blessing instead of an affront.

Example.... ice cream.

This last remark kind of highlights it all:

It's up to the purchaser to determine what they like and which manufacturer builds a product that most closely meets their individual needs. As for me, I'm thankful that my 2014 Keystone Cougar wasn't built like a 2014 Flagstaff

The last sentence was a slam against someone else, justified or not, it keeps the pot stirring, while blaming the spoon.....
Let’s turn the fire off and empty the pot. This thread is closed.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 09-25-2022, 02:11 PM   #44
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrispyjCSLT22 View Post
And for the same price they should certainly contain the same quality materials.. Ford and Chevy both use aluminum panels in their vehicles.. even Grand Design is now using Azdel... I'm glad you had great luck with yours and I did give this brand a chance as I like the 189RB and the 23RB but if you would scroll up and look at the glue/seal job on a brand new unit on the lot(and several others on the lot were the same), that doesn't give me the sense of quality.. now I'm OMW to Arby's since they have the meats.
We just towed from Michigan to North Carolina and I can tell you that I saw at least 8 or 9 trailers with "billowing TPO roof membranes", NOT ONE OF THEM WAS A KEYSTONE PRODUCT... We were in a rest area in West Virginia this afternoon, the Wildcat fifth wheel parked next to us had a "flooping fender skirt, a broken awning side rail and the spare tire was missing". I said hi to the owner as he was walking from the restroom, he said it was a new trailer, they picked it up in Indiana from a dealership and were on their way home. He said that he hopes to make it back to Raleigh with most of the pieces still intact. Two flats, the awning "billowed as they left Indiana, about 75 miles from the dealership and they'd never even opened the awning except when the PDI tech showed them how it worked. They spent the night somewhere around Columbus, OH, and were hoping to make it home before dark.

You can (and should) buy what you feel comfortable paying for and using. But to say that Keystone isn't "as good as the competition".... Don't ask that new Wildcat owner about that. He doesn't own a Keystone, but would probably not recommend a new Forest River.

EVERY manufacturer is having "quality issues". Have you ever thought, that's why they have a warranty and almost every dealership has a service department. While it might be a "hassle to take it in and let it sit for weeks at a time" I can't think of any "assembly line product" that doesn't have more problems with new products than they did "pre Covid".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-25-2022, 06:31 PM   #45
JRTJH
Site Team

Test ..........

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-25-2022, 07:07 PM   #46
chuckster57
Site Team

Another test

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Closed Thread