Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2019, 01:31 AM   #1
KeystoneKal

Awning LED replacement

I have a 2015 Hideout 30 rlds with the LED light strip in the awning roller tube.
Specifically a 12’ Solera v000214036 RPO 058 031670.
Most of the LEDs don’t light. Anyone know the part number, cost and procedure to replace the LED strip? Carefree brand awnings have a YouTube video showing how to replace the LED strip on one of its awnings. However the light strip is different on the Solera.
KeystoneKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The awning light kit that's on your awning is probably this one: https://store.lci1.com/awning-light-...tch-plate.html

You can download the technical data/parts lists at the link on the bottom right of that page.

Notice the $123 price? OEM LED lighting is usually expensive and almost always, a better quality "aftermarket" product exists for substantially less money. In your situation, Amazon, EBay and most lighting stores offer replacements that are more reliable, cheaper and easy to install.

On my Dometic awning, I replaced the OEM lights that failed the first season with one from Amazon. Cost, in 2015, was about $25. The LED strip light I chose is enclosed in a flexible, clear housing and is completely sealed against water intrusion. It's been "stuck on the awning" since 2015 and it still works, all the LED's work, and there's no indication that it may fail any time soon.

You can buy the same light on Amazon for about $30. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 If you do choose to go with aftermarket lighting, be sure to get the type with a silicone sleeve and make sure that both ends are sealed with clear silicone to completely waterproof the inside LED lighting strip.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
KeystoneKal

Thanks for the information. The LED strips on Amazon look like the best choice and best value.
KeystoneKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
Customer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneKal View Post
Thanks for the information. The LED strips on Amazon look like the best choice and best value.
If you put a light strip on the side of the RV below the awning, they work whether the awning is in or out.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
mohead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
If you put a light strip on the side of the RV below the awning, they work whether the awning is in or out.
Good idea.....i may look into that myself
mohead1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led