Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2019, 10:25 AM   #1
labman

doggone it.

DW wanted backsplash upgrade and so I was trying to comply. Knowing little on how these things are wired, I was pulling the outlet box out to install the tile and heard something drop to the inside of the wall. Turns out these 110 outlets have a small plastic anchor that you loosen or tighten as required in place of a regular outlet box like you'd see in a house. I guess as I attempted to remove the outlet I turned the screw one too many times and I lost the anchor. I tried to recover it but it fell in a area I have no access to and would like to know of anyone has a suggestion on how to repair/replace this. As of today, the outlet is only anchored at the top and it is loose on the bottom. Any idea to remedy this is welcome.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:16 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

You may be able to adapt the tabs from an OLD WORK electrical box to fit the outlet. DON'T use anything metal as a tab, there's too much "exposed electrical stuff" on the back of RV knife style electrical outlet boxes.
Attached Images

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:29 PM   #3
wiredgeorge

Tabs are plastic. Do as John says; if you don't have any, get one at a home fix up box store or hardware.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:46 PM   #4
LHaven

Boxless outlets for manufactured homes (example) are made the same way, with the little plastic rotating flag. You could buy one and transfer the flag, or just replace the entire outlet.