Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
jdixon980

Advice cable and Front Living

Thinking about getting a satellite for camper. I have a 2018 367FLS front living. If I did this I though about running separate cable just for satellite. Tv is behind fireplace. Question is where did they run the tv cable. I have checked in storage area looking for cable. I thought I would see it running along some of the framing. Not there or not in front storage area next to king pin. Entertaining center is above pin box. So how did they run cable? Anybody have any knowledge or ideas? Like to keep existing cable wiring like it is, in case I want to have tvs in bedroom and storage compartment work on cable.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0834.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	20434Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0835.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	20435
jdixon980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Just a WAG but I’m thinking it goes up the cabinetry to the ceiling and runs between ceiling and roof. Pull a ceiling light and feel for the coax.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:32 PM   #3
Fishsizzle

Is there a separate hook up for sat in the utility compartment?
2020 F350 Crew DRW 6.7, 4x4, 10 sod auto, 4:10 gears
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:00 PM   #4
shermris

The cable is typically installed inside the walls in the frame when manufactured. There is also a second cable that runs through the ceiling to your antenna. If you want a separate cable I would run it through the floor and along the frame on the bottom of the RV. if your going to mount a dish on the roof I would try to hide the cable in the wall or behind a channel and up through the roof, where you'll need to chalk it very well. Both of my hook ups run to a switch box were I can choose between antenna and cable modes. The cable hook up comes out the back of my unit with a jack so I can hook to cable if available, (or to a larger antenna).
shermris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:47 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermris View Post
The cable is typically installed inside the walls in the frame when manufactured. There is also a second cable that runs through the ceiling to your antenna. If you want a separate cable I would run it through the floor and along the frame on the bottom of the RV. if your going to mount a dish on the roof I would try to hide the cable in the wall or behind a channel and up through the roof, where you'll need to chalk it very well. Both of my hook ups run to a switch box were I can choose between antenna and cable modes. The cable hook up comes out the back of my unit with a jack so I can hook to cable if available, (or to a larger antenna).

Pretty much every RV I have worked on, the coax for TV is in the underbelly for park cable and satellite. OTA coax comes through the roof, and runs through the space between the ceiling and roof. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a coax run through an exterior wall except on a slide and then it’s brought up from the underbelly and usually through the floor at the same place the electrical runs.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:54 AM   #6
Terry W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Pretty much every RV I have worked on, the coax for TV is in the underbelly for park cable and satellite. OTA coax comes through the roof, and runs through the space between the ceiling and roof. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a coax run through an exterior wall except on a slide and then it’s brought up from the underbelly and usually through the floor at the same place the electrical runs.
What I did with mine a ran a cable TV to side wall put a new cable connection. I now hook my satellite directly to new connection completely goin around camper wiring. Works great. Only down side it only on main tv but when I go to bed it's to sleep anyway.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:34 AM   #7
jlonginav

I have a 2018 367FLS. I also have the dealer installed Winegard Trav’lr. The cable up to power the dish and the cable down to the TV’s run on the roof. Entry point for Power an the Coax to the front TV are located above the column next to the front entry. An additional coax run along the roof and makes entry in the bedroom closet.

The cables inside the colum by the door can be run / accessed by removing the fuse panel. You the run them towards the front passthru storage. You remove the walls in the passthru storage to setup the Directv power inverter and any splitters necessary. You can the follow the Sat in cable up to th TV area behind the fireplace

Tags
cable