Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2017, 11:46 AM   #21
RaptorJB

I was needing something like that, thanks for sharing
Curt Q24 5th Wheel Hitch Slider
RaptorJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #22
Dmhtc1

When I bought my camper this summer, I spoke with the detailer at the dealer. He told me to use a good wash and wax soap. So I found one to try, it's called
Gel-Gloss Heavy Duty RV Wash and Wax with
caranuba

I've been using since July, so far so good
Dmhtc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:37 AM   #23
RaptorJB

Also been using the Gel-Gloss for about 3 years now and very happy with it. I started using it on all my rides. Every time I wash anything with it there is a shine like you just waxed it. Super slick, smells like bubble-gum and suds are plenty. Since I wash my RV once per month due to it sits at my house under a bunch of trees I have no black marks anywhere, works good on tar\bugs grime, and mud. Use that inline RV water filter from Camco too, that helps to have even more suds and reduce water spots. I go through 4 gallons a year at around 30.00 bucks each.
Curt Q24 5th Wheel Hitch Slider
RaptorJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:52 AM   #24
Timcharlie

Re: Wash

Aero Cosmetics
Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit 144 oz. Aircraft Quality Wash Wax for your Car RV & Boat. Guaranteed Best Waterless Wash on the Market

This is what I used last fall to wash and wax my travel trailer. Worked well and I plan on using again either this FAll or next Spring. Found it on Amazon.
Timcharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #25
UsTwo

Interesting thread. thought I would throw what I use out here.. Rain dance wash and wax. I use this a couple - three times a year. I have always loved the Rain Dance wax since I first tried this product. I have also used in-between washes, wet-n -forget. Don't know if it really did any good.. all this used with a soft bristled long handle carwash brush.

Craig
Kathie
2013 Keystone Cougar
X-Lite 31 RKS
UsTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:04 AM   #26
ADQ K9

I use Rejex products on the F-350 and the Explorer and have good results. Extreme Clean for the tough stuff, Pro Wash for every day washing. Sealed with Rejex every 6 months. I got the Platinum Protetion system when I bought the Cougar at CW. So far it seems to work (easy to wash the bugs off the nose cap) using the Pro Wash and a brush. Water beads right off the rest seems like the PP has some hydrophobic properties. Looking into Top Coat F-11 (Expensive) and possibly a clear 3M wrap for the front cap also a chunk of change.
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:29 AM   #27
sonic2

UPDATE: Plus Black Streak Prevention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic2 View Post
I've done a search, but not did not find the information I was seeking. This is not a question about the roof, but the exterior sides. Does someone have a good reason for using a certain product and not using a certain product. I use NuFinish for the wax and Murphy's Oil Soap for the roof, but that's not the question either, I'm only concerned with the soap to clean the RV.

What RV Wash do you use and why and/or why not using something?

UPDATE:
Here's an interesting site that offers RV Product Reviews on many items including wash and wax products.

https://www.usautoauthority.com/best-rv-wash-and-wax/

This the the most highly recommended RV wash products:
Aero Cosmetics
Meguiar's
Star Brite
Gel Gloss

I'm going to use Gel Gloss because of the reviews I've read and if I do not like the out come, I'll try Star Brite because of the reviews and what is and what is not contained in the product.

Prevent Black Streaks: Dirt, debris and other deposits collect in the gutters and is over looked. When washing my roof, I use a narrow toothbrush to clean the black gunk out of the gutters that drains down the side of the RV.
Timbren & Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
sonic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:18 AM   #28
Charby

Trailer is almost 5 years now and I use mean green on roof and car wash on remainder. Polish with Aero 303 on sides and shines like day one! Front Cap is fading at top so I now use Meguiars Marine/RV oxidizer remover once a year on trouble area, followed by Aero 303, 2-3 times, which seems to be hold up OK.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #29
BigTexRex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADQ K9 View Post
I use Rejex products on the F-350 and the Explorer and have good results. Extreme Clean for the tough stuff, Pro Wash for every day washing. Sealed with Rejex every 6 months. I got the Platinum Protetion system when I bought the Cougar at CW. So far it seems to work (easy to wash the bugs off the nose cap) using the Pro Wash and a brush. Water beads right off the rest seems like the PP has some hydrophobic properties. Looking into Top Coat F-11 (Expensive) and possibly a clear 3M wrap for the front cap also a chunk of change.
I believe the waxes you chose are petroleum based and that's why they are not recommended for vinyl. Try Aero Cosmetics' Wash & Wax All--it's water based.
BigTexRex is offline   Reply With Quote