Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
Nia

Any thoughts on the Cougar 337 FLS

I'm thinking of purchasing the 337 FLS .... what info can I get from others on this unit?

I have my search narrowed down to 3 front living room models. The above mentioned one, Open Range 386 FLR, and Coachmen Brookstone 375 FL.

Any thoughts on these 3 or other front living units would be appreciated.

Thank you
Nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
upnorth

Just purchased one a week ago
We looked at quite a few and we're torn between the 333mks and the 327 res. When we walked into a 337 we fell in love with the floor plan and the space it offered. For an almost 38' rig it is pretty light. 9900 dry. Tows better than our TT. Lotsa storage! Got a heck of a deal on a 2014.

Retired RV's:
2006 Jayco 26BHS
2007 Jayco 31BHS
upnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
Hipernb

We love our 337FLS, I was afraid at first there was not enough storage, (from comparing all the other ones we looked at),but after moving everything in from our old camper and lots of new items I still have empty storage cupboards. Love the fact that it only weights 9900 lbs for such a big rig, and the self levelling system is sweet!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
pinklaurie

337fls

I bought a 337FLS in April, and got one of the first 337FLS campers that had the pull-out couch. Previously there was an air mattress that laid on the frame of the couch. I love the 337FLS. I have had a few issues, but nothing major. I have my camper parked at a permanent campsite. I've had so many compliments, it's a great camper that looks very nice. let me know if you have any questions.
pinklaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
AGYOUNG

Where is everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklaurie View Post
I bought a 337FLS in April, and got one of the first 337FLS campers that had the pull-out couch. Previously there was an air mattress that laid on the frame of the couch. I love the 337FLS. I have had a few issues, but nothing major. I have my camper parked at a permanent campsite. I've had so many compliments, it's a great camper that looks very nice. let me know if you have any questions.

I picked up my 2015 337FLS HighCountry last month and have several questions.
Trying to locate the water pump. Where?
Supposed to have heated basement but everything is frozen. Any ideas on thaw out without waiting till spring.

Converting all the lights to LED but know there's several that should remain incadesant. Any clue. I'll share some LED bulbs for help. I have quite a few. PM me please.
AGYOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
Festus2
Site Team

If "everything is frozen", come Spring or when your water lines and/or tanks thaw, you might prepare yourself for some serious damage. If the pipes and pump are full of water and have frozen, I don't need to tell you what happens to water when it freezes. You may find that your pipes have cracked along with the water pump, various check valves and the HW tank.

The Polar Package or whatever "Package" label that came with it - Arctic, Glacier, etc. - won't do much, if anything, for you when your RV is sitting out for several days in freezing temperatures during both the day and night.

I was going to suggest turning on the pump and tracking down the source of the noise but since it is most likely frozen, that isn't a good idea.

Did you not find out the location of your water pump during the pre-delivery inspection and walk-through?

Note: I think that Nia, the original poster of this thread, is looking for feedback and comments about the 337 rather than your questions about how you can locate the water pump, winterizing a frozen trailer and your plans about replacing lights with LED's.

I think you may have inadvertently hijacked Nia's thread.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #7
msp2jxr

The water pump on a 337FLS is located in the middle of front cargo compartment back wall. You have to remove the back wall panel to get at it. I think there were about six screws.
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
harley

I was looking at the 337 also ,and was looking at the 386 flr open range too. On the 2015 337,did they put a light switch near the entry door yet...? that was the first thing I noticed they missed.
harley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
337fls, 375fl, 386flr, front living room