Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
C130

2011 Fuzion 322 Touring Edition

First post here and never owned any toy hauler before. I am looking at a 2011 Fuzion 322 Touring Edition 3 and trying to figure out a good price to pay. I can't really find any used one's for sale to compare it to and not sure what is is worth. It's in great condition, very little use. What is the best way to find the value of used toy haulers? I checked NADA but is this very accurate? Thanks for any help, it's appreciated. We have been looking at toy haulers for months and found one that we really like but not sure what to offer.
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

First of all, welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you join us.

NADA is a good starting point, but there is much to consider other than that one figure. The time of year, condition, extra equipment, hitch that's often included, the list goes on and on.

One way to get a feel for the "going rate" is to look for comparable rigs on Craigs List, local newspapers, RV sales magazines, dealer lots.

On CL, usually they sell for around 5% less than asking price and on dealer lots, around 10% less than asking price. At least that's the way it seems to be around here.

Don't get caught up in the "this one has red interior and that one has blue". That's an emotional issue much more than a value issue. Try to remain objective (sometimes hard to do) and good luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
C130

Thanks, guess what I'm trying to figure out is if the used "Touring Edition" is worth more and if so how much more. It seems loaded but so do the new Fuzions and I see numerous new 2012 Fuzion 322's listed in the high $40's. They are asking $45,000 for the 2011 Touring edition 322 and I don't know what to offer when I can buy a brand new 2012 322 for that price or very close to it. I guess I need to go back and look at the new one's and see the differences and if the new one's come standard with close to the amenities the 2011 Touring edition came with. One issue is the owner still owes a lot and not sure what they are willing to take but they say they really want to sell it and to make an offer.

I can find several 2011 Fuzion 322's for sale but not any Touring Editions and they seem to be priced all over the place. I just looked at a 2011 Touring Edition that sold for $62,000 but it was the 41 foot version but seemed very high to me.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

On the NADA site you have to read the "fine print" Here's a cut and paste of the "year note" on the 2011 models:

2011 Year Note: In addition to standard equipment Alpine includes fireplace, Alps and Chateau Packages. Avalanche includes Whiteout and Base Camp Packages. Bullet Ultra Lite and Bullet Premier include Exterior, Interior, Premier(Bullet Premier only) and Thermal Packages. Cougar High Country includes Camping in Style, Value and Polar Packages, 32" LCD TV, high gloss grey exterior, and upgraded countertops. Cougar includes Camping in Style, Value, Convenience, Polar Package, 32" LCD TV. Cougar includes Camping in Style, Value, Convenience and Polar Packages. Energy includes High Energy, Entertainment Packages, upgraded generator and 15.0 A/C. Fuzion Touring Edition III includes Touring Edition III, Gear It Up Garage, Performance Package and dual A/C. Laredo includes Best in Class Package. Outback 10th Anniversary includes Comfort, Designer and 10th Anniversary Packages, 32" HD LCD TV(only on 298 RE). Passport GT and Ultra Lite include Exterior and Interior Packages. Raptor travel trailers and fifth wheel 297 SE include Premium, Safety, Interior and Exterior Value Packages. Raptor Fifth Wheel includes Raptor Luxury, Interior, Exterior, Premium and Safety Packages. Raptor model 4014 LEV includes 12 cubic foot 4 door refrigerator and 2nd fuel tank. Residence includes Residential Package. Retreat includes Retreat Standard Package. Springdale includes enclosed underbelly, (fifth wheels only), 15 A/C ducted, fiberglass exterior (fifth wheels only) and Pacific Packages. Sprinter Copper Canyon includes Camping Made Easy and Customer First Safety Packages. Sprinter includes Camping Made Easy, Customer First Safety and Premium Packages. Summerland includes Summer Package. Sydney 10th Anniversary includes Sydney Designer, Sydney Comfort and 10th Anniversary Packages.

When you go to NADA, choose Keystone, then select 2011 used, then scroll down to FUZION. then go one more section down and you'll see FUZION TOURING EDITION. that's where you want to be. here's the "results":

NEW SALES PRICE $70,266
LOW RETAIL $40,890
HIGH RETAIL $49,270

To that, you need to add any optional equipment... BUT READ WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE NOTES SO YOU DON'T ADD IT TWICE.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
Outbackmel

KNOW WHAT you are buying

Good morning. I DO NOT own a toy hauler, BUT, I read every post concerning them that hits this website. What I DO KNOW is that some people buy and dump rigs of any sort for issues. I would be VERY WARY of buying any 2011 or used 2012 unless I knew the owner OR it had a significant warranty. AND I, almost never buy any extended warranty. Haulers, by their very nature of build complexity to carry weight in the cargo bay over long distances obviously need great suspension and tires. They tend to use generators more frequently so proper operation and exhausts are critical. Having had many, many closed rear door motorcycle haulers, not to be lived in, seals are important and no signs of water leakage which can rot walls or cause mold or short out any hidden wiring.

All I am saying is if you are not sure what you are looking at, buyer beware. Once you plunk down your hard earned money, you own that thing. Only a written warranty by a solvent company is any comfort. You wouldn't buy a used home without a home inspection?! (would you?)

Lot's of good people selling great stuff out there. Just fully understand your needs or desires and make a decision which will provide you with many years of fun.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
C130

Owner bought toy hauler to haul dogs to dog shows so nothing else has ever been hauled in the toy compartment and garage looks brand new. She now shows horses and bought a horse trailer and really wants to sell the toy hauler, at least that's the story. I went to look at the Fuzion and it's in great shape, everything appeared to work. We put out all the slides, canopy, ran the generator, couldn't find anything wrong with it by just doing quick inspection. I am looking for a decent deal but the common thing the owner hears is "I can buy a new one for just a couple thousand more". She told me this and keeps telling me since it's the Touring Edition it's worth quite a bit more.

I guess the only option is to make an offer and go from there. I am going to go back and look at new one's and compare the two. I just know buying new with a warranty is nice and if I buy used I have to get a great deal otherwise it can be too risky in my opinion.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
poochy

fuzion

c160 we bought our 302 te lll a year ago this month from cw ,wouldnt do again but we list was 73+ and gave 46+ new and yes the telll has many options more than a standard 302 fell free to pm me with your number and we,ll chat let you know what i think good luck butch
poochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
C130

I wound up buying the 2011 Fuzion TE 3 and brought it home Saturday, about a 5 hour drive. First time pulling a 5th wheel and had no issues besides people not wanting to give way when trying to merge or switch lanes going through Ft. Worth. High winds and some light rain but it pulled great with my 2011 F250. Thanks for the previous advice and now I need to figure out how to operate everything. Basically, the water systems is what I'm trying to figure out. My storage facility has a dump station so that should make it easy and convenient.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #9
poochy

c130 pm me with your number again and i will try to walk u thur it no big deal butch
poochy is offline   Reply With Quote