Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Dmama

Question Need advice

I am considering a keystone challenger or a hitchhiker champagne. I was worried about the post which named all the problems with a keystone 5th wheel.
Please tell me if it is a mistake to buy a keystone. Thank you
Dmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Dmama -
I'm not sure which post you are referring to but I would suggest that you take a look at the results of our on-going forum survey which asked our members if they would buy another Keystone product, almost 93% replied that they would. There were nearly 300 members who took part. These results seem to indicate that there is a high satisfaction level amongst our Keystone owners.

If you are looking at a single, negative post about a Keystone 5th wheel, that really doesn't give you a very accurate assessment of the product. I for one wouldn't base my reason to buy or not to buy on the comments of one individual.

RV's of all makes, Keystone included, have their faults. If you were to visit and read the comments posted about Brand X on other forums, I am sure you will find negative comments about this manufacturer as well. Keystone is no exception but I would venture to say that almost all members here feel that they are getting good value for their money.

Good luck with your decision and welcome to the group.

Note: Details about the poll - results and comments - can be found in the Keystone Questions section of the forum. Look for "Keystone - Would you buy from them again?"
Old 11-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Dmama,

First of all, welcome to the forum. You'll find loads of information about any Keystone product you may be interested in. Yes, there's good and bad about them all. Keep in mind that some people come here to vent their complaints, they post once, never return and we never know what happened. It may well be that they vented here, we have all their negative comments and the very next day, Keystone fixed all their problems and they are now happy campers and love Keystone. Just the opposite may be true, but we'll never know one way or the other.

To answer your question about Keystone quality. Keystone, like all other manufacturers, makes a product that sells very well and keeps the company profitable. That says a lot for their quality. If they were not as well made as the competetion, Keystone would be out of business. Sure, some individual units have problems, but for the most part, Keystone has repaired them to the owner's satisfaction.

We had a survey not long ago and of the 284 respondents, 263 indicated they would buy Keystone again. That's better than a 92% "happy buyer's rate"

Again, welcome to the forum and if you have any questions, use our search feature on the top blue bar. If you can't find what you're looking for, ask away, someone will probably have an answer for you.

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
zuley

We have just purchased a Keystone product this past weekend. I, as well, read a few posts slamming the manufacturer and was somewhat concerned as you are. Came to the relization that there are certainly numerous more happy and satisfied customers of Keystone than there are those who are dissatisfied. I think when someone is unhappy with a product or service they tend to be much more vocal and try to let as many people know they are not happy, hense the few posts slamming the product, whereas if you are content and satisfied you tend to keep quiet and go about your life.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
curlyfungirl

We bought our second Keystone this summmer. Our Montana is the camper of our dreams and just love the luxurious feel. I (the wife) use it as housing three days a week with my out of town job. With the help of this site I haven't had too many problems figuring out things. It is extra warm and easy to maintain.
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
raytronx

We've had our Cougar Fifth wheel about a year and a half. Live in it full time, travelled over 30,000 miles, camped at approx 125 different sites, so the thing has been used!

I'm really impressed with how it's held up. No major failures. Hasn't been back to a dealer, all the faults were very minor and fixed by myself. I just did a wash and wax on it yesterday and the unit looks almost brand new again. I would not hesitate to buy from Keystone again.

Like someone said you never usually hear from the people that don't have problems.

Cheers Ray

2011 Keystone Cougar 276RLSWE
1994 Ford F350 7.3L IDI DRW

LoveYourRV.com
raytronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #7
SAABDOCTOR

HI DMAMA As others have stated Keystone makes a good product. The dw and i have owened three of them tt and 5th wheels. We have been happy with all of them. have they had problems oh yes dealer took care of them and some i took care of as a long trip to the dealer was just not justifiable. just keep in mind nothing manufactured by man/woman is perfect stuff happens. but over all Keystone makes a good product. most of the unhappy ones post their rants and are never heard from again. some think if a piece of trim falls off they should get a new trailer. i bet you will like the one you pick out. good news is everyone here is most willing to help you out they are all a great bunch. so take the plunge and enjoy all the adventures thatt await you.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
Cool Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmama View Post
I am considering a keystone challenger or a hitchhiker champagne. I was worried about the post which named all the problems with a keystone 5th wheel.
Please tell me if it is a mistake to buy a keystone. Thank you
No mention of year or pricing. I would not consider a Challenger a low end trailer. Mid maybe. However, the Hitchhiker Champagne is near the top. I don't think you can compare the trailers.
Cool Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote