Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2020, 08:50 AM   #21
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post
Ok, I call it the control box. I'll look at this and see what I can muster up. You think we should just shut it off for the day? And start it up in the morning?

Oh we will upgrade for sure on a EMS. This is just the beginning purchase. Bought it before knowing the differences. You have a recommendation?
Progressive Industries (PI) was the brand I had in the portable version. They also have a hardwired with a remote display. They are pricey but cheap insurance as compared to replacing acs, fridge, microwave or any other electronics onboard.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:32 AM   #22
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post
A/C not cooling here either. Ran fine and very cold till yesterday. Had a storm blow through, then about an hour later, the power at the Park went out. Turn A/C back on and it wont get cold again. We are thinking there maybe icing in there. We've had it off for several hours now, thinking it might melt. Any idea how long that can take? Cleaned filters and all. but, only slept 2 hours last night. I'm withering on the vine here. If I were to turn it back on, do so in your suggestion? Fan on HIGH? Been told to leave it on Auto and COLD.

Leave the fan on HIGH as the start up amp draw is more when both fan and A/C condenser kicks on. Also when you ice up, leave the fan on high and the ice will melt a whole lot faster. As already noted, the fan tends to ice up if the fan speed is on low.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:56 AM   #23
CampNBrew2

We do not use our AC much but I did notice recently that the fan would should down for a few seconds and restart, while the compressor continues running. Seems it maybe went from high to low speed? I was curious about this but forgot to look into it further. Following
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:01 PM   #24
wiredgeorge

I have an old camper with analog thermostat. There is a board inside the lower A/C assembly (can't recall name) that the wires from the thermostat plug into. This is simplest and most reliable set up although I can't use a remote or my phone, etc. Any A/C I have owned did NOT change fan speeds or have the fan stop running if set in either the HIGH or LOW fan speed setting. I leave my fan running if the A/C is on (and on high) and leave it running if we turn the A/C off at night in cooler weather to circulate air. I am not sure but don't think the fan should change speeds automatically or turn off/on. Dunno for sure as this may be a function of newer tech.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:14 PM   #25
ajlight

Are the filters clean?
Old 09-15-2020, 11:14 AM   #26
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajlight View Post
Are the filters clean?

Yes they are.
Roll Tide Roll
BeagleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 11:19 AM   #27
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Leave the fan on HIGH as the start up amp draw is more when both fan and A/C condenser kicks on. Also when you ice up, leave the fan on high and the ice will melt a whole lot faster. As already noted, the fan tends to ice up if the fan speed is on low.
Been running the fan on HIGH for 2 days now. Still just blowing air. We got 2 fans to get us through. Its not been terrible tho. Not blazing hot here and supposed to cool down more in the next couple of days. Service was supposed to come Monday, but they're not mobile techs. Warranty folks found us one today, going to be approved for warranty work today then comes tomorrow morning. Like i said, its not too bad, but I'm getting a feel like I'm boondocking. Kinda like it.
Roll Tide Roll
Old 09-21-2020, 08:17 AM   #28
Plumbtrician

What did you find out?
Plumbtrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:35 AM   #29
BeagleMan

Well, we think it was the control board but the compressor would run and blow air but not get cold. Everything checked out soooooo, he was a guy that looked in my DWs post on FB and thought, hmm, 192 responses and comments and no one is fixing it. So, he fell out of the sky and was close by to us. He works on Tour Buses, not RVs, but knows the biz. He had some FEMA trailers he has been working on, so he just traded out one of theirs for ours and now all is well. In fact, we were freezing this morning with it on 70*. But, everything is right in the world now. Thanks for asking...
Roll Tide Roll