Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > COVID-19 Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #21
Eastham

No Tp in your waste can.

So what do you do with the baby diapers? Flush them or put in the waste can or maybe the freezer. Probably the trash can.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:43 AM   #22
notanlines

I believe this fiasco is somehow related to me being given responsibility for finding a way that some RV’ers won’t actually have to use the commode for full time duty in the new TV. (Many thanks to an unmentioned pharmacist in KCMO).
My reputation on this forum, certainly subject to varied opinions, has now been tarnished.
Thank you Twisties. It would have been more constructive to debate the Tesla as a tow vehicle!
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:45 AM   #23
Northofu1

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1584977922097.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	25716  

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:00 AM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

^^^^^ Love It!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:11 AM   #25
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastham View Post
So what do you do with the baby diapers? Flush them or put in the waste can or maybe the freezer. Probably the trash can.
They go in a designated "sealed" diaper pail, not next to the toilet, that's taken out regularly.
DO NOT FLUSH ANYTHING BUT TOILET PAPER IN A RV!!!!!
Actually when our kids were in diapers they wore clothe that got rinsed out & washed. The grandkids had disposal that were Mom & Dad's problem to store & dispose of.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:20 AM   #26
sourdough
Site Team

^^^^^Don't know that Pampers or Huggies existed when our kids were little. Used actual cloth diapers and did the above. As far as disposing of the modern disposable diapers.....I thought folks just threw them in the parking lot at Walmart; right next to my driver's door!
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:05 PM   #27
Customer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
The reason you want “dissolving” TP is so that it doesn’t hang up on the sensors. That’s one of the leading causes of false readings. I have lost count of how many customers bring thier unit in with “black tank reads full all the time”. Or it reads full after 1 or 2 flushes. Every time, a good tissue digester and a little time has cleared the problem. And I can say what I say after 9 years of dealing with thousands of black tanks.
Your point is valid about new RVers, but I never look at the sensors. When the toilet burps it is time to dump soon.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:09 PM   #28
Customer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Customer1, this ain't my first rodeo. Take a few sheets of Scott's RV, maybe five of them, wad them up and put in a glass full of water. In 20 seconds take the TP out and unfold it and lay it flat. Much to YOUR surprise it will already be broken down, ready for a trip through the tank, valves and hose.
I personally don't care if you choose to use cardboard vs TP, but newbies to RV'ing come here for accurate info. Let's give it to them.
I'm sure you are far more knowledgeable than I. I'm rather new to this since I've only had seven RVs over the last 25 years plus I only spend about 150 nights per year in campgrounds.
Old 03-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #29
notanlines

We spend more than that just in Florida for the winter. Never mind over 60 days in the Wisconsin summer and four weeks miscellaneous travel. I maintain that newbies should be told the correct way and then they can go your direction at their own risk.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #30
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
^^^^^Don't know that Pampers or Huggies existed when our kids were little. Used actual cloth diapers and did the above. As far as disposing of the modern disposable diapers.....I thought folks just threw them in the parking lot at Walmart; right next to my driver's door!
Now Danny, you must be parking beside me! And I know I'M not throwing them there!
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:44 PM   #31
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customer1 View Post
Your point is valid about new RVers, but I never look at the sensors. When the toilet burps it is time to dump soon.
Same here.
Had 6 or 8 RVs the past 40 years & not 1 were the sensors worth the s##t they were suppose to measure.
Newbies are getting valid info about TP & the sensors, how they use the info is up to them.
Replacement undetermined
Old 03-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #32
HD0707

We use to use Scott's when camping but now use Sam's club for several years with no problem. It's way better than Scott's and my DW likes so much she uses it a at home instead of the expensive Charmin she use to buy.
HD0707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:38 PM   #33
rhagfo

The great TP panic of 2020! God help us if we ever have a real emergency! Not down playing the Pandemic, but dysentery is not a symptom of the virus so large quantities not required.
My DD who lives in Ireland sent a Picture of her local store with full shelves of TP.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:00 AM   #34
pitman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
The reason you want “dissolving” TP is so that it doesn’t hang up on the sensors. That’s one of the leading causes of false readings. I have lost count of how many customers bring thier unit in with “black tank reads full all the time”. Or it reads full after 1 or 2 flushes. Every time, a good tissue digester and a little time has cleared the problem. And I can say what I say after 9 years of dealing with thousands of black tanks.

What do you recommend as a tissue digester?
pitman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:47 AM   #35
oldmanbill

I have been living in a Cougar and an older RV for several years in stationary position. I used to fight with the blackwater tank constantly. Nasty revolting work to unclog it regularly. Only one on here gave the only cure. Use a container that makes you happy and never put anything in your BW tank that does not pass through your body. Years ago I started using one cup of Dawn dish soap in the empty tank and never paper in it. Never had a blockage in it since using this method. Never have flushed it either. Drain it with a mercerator and garden hose when it backs up in the toilet. The last few weeks been using paper towels due to no tp, a little discomfort using a container, but much easier than fighting blockage. Do use adequate water though.
oldmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:51 AM   #36
dutchmensport

Ever since we've been camping, we've never used any kind of specialized toilet paper. Whatever we used in the house is what we've used in the camper. And we live on property that has a septic tank.

Now, fast forward a bit and, as I've posted on these forums and other places, we don't use toilet paper at all any more.

WHAT YOU SAY!!!!

Yes sir!

None.

We purchased Bidets for all our toilets, including the trailer, and we simply do not use TP any more. Problem solved for your RV black tank!

Yes, I'm blowing my trumpet here attempting to grab anyone's attention I can. It takes a little bit to get use to using one, and I thought I'd never like it either. My wife insisted, so she ordered it, I installed it, and WOW! OK, once you get past the "WOW" they are really great!

So, rather than fussing around with TP, clogging up sewer lines, pumping out septic tanks, and trying to get those toilet paper wads out of your black water tank, Bidets solve all that!

Plus, they are cleaner, more sanitary, and pay for the price of the toilet paper very fast. After that, every time you "go", it's money saved.

Ours in the Fifth Wheel: Purchased through Amazon, $29.99. I did end up cutting the PEX water line and put in a T to connect the Bidet. So, maybe, another $10.00 in parts.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #37
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanbill View Post
I have been living in a Cougar and an older RV for several years in stationary position. I used to fight with the blackwater tank constantly. Nasty revolting work to unclog it regularly. Only one on here gave the only cure. Use a container that makes you happy and never put anything in your BW tank that does not pass through your body. Years ago I started using one cup of Dawn dish soap in the empty tank and never paper in it. Never had a blockage in it since using this method. Never have flushed it either. Drain it with a mercerator and garden hose when it backs up in the toilet. The last few weeks been using paper towels due to no tp, a little discomfort using a container, but much easier than fighting blockage. Do use adequate water though.
If you're stationary leaving the black valve open all the time you will always have black tank problems, it's not straight through to the sewer connection. You should leave the valve closed til full then drain & flush.
The RV toilet/black tank was designed to handle poop/paper & if used properly, plenty of water per flush, it can/will handle that function regardless of brand of toilet paper.
Replacement undetermined
Old 03-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #38
oldmanbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchmensport View Post
Ever since we've been camping, we've never used any kind of specialized toilet paper. Whatever we used in the house is what we've used in the camper. And we live on property that has a septic tank.

Now, fast forward a bit and, as I've posted on these forums and other places, we don't use toilet paper at all any more.

WHAT YOU SAY!!!!

Yes sir!

None.

We purchased Bidets for all our toilets, including the trailer, and we simply do not use TP any more. Problem solved for your RV black tank!

Yes, I'm blowing my trumpet here attempting to grab anyone's attention I can. It takes a little bit to get use to using one, and I thought I'd never like it either. My wife insisted, so she ordered it, I installed it, and WOW! OK, once you get past the "WOW" they are really great!

So, rather than fussing around with TP, clogging up sewer lines, pumping out septic tanks, and trying to get those toilet paper wads out of your black water tank, Bidets solve all that!

Plus, they are cleaner, more sanitary, and pay for the price of the toilet paper very fast. After that, every time you "go", it's money saved.

Ours in the Fifth Wheel: Purchased through Amazon, $29.99. I did end up cutting the PEX water line and put in a T to connect the Bidet. So, maybe, another $10.00 in parts.

OK a scenario, and not trying to be rude, trying to understand. It is 3:00 am and you get up to use the facilities, you do your business, hit the button and are sprayed with 40 degree water in the winter, than you pull up your shorts, go to bed wet, or use the towel and wipe off someone else has used on their butt. I also notice in your picture that you have a roll of tp that you never use. Google it, recommended you wipe before spray, and after... Tell me how this is superior, thankyou.
oldmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:13 PM   #39
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitman44 View Post
What do you recommend as a tissue digester?

Just saw this. Our parts department has a couple different brands. I’ll look in the morning.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:31 PM   #40
66joej

Hey how about that neat bath mat and a hardwood toilet seat!

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet