Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #1
Rick757

rear of camper sagging left to right

We have a 2004 Z241 TT that we purchased about 2 years ago. we have taken it out several time with no issues, once Va.to Fla. and a few trips from Va. to NC. I parked it on a level concrete pad in front of the garage to do some routine maintenance. The camper is level front to rear and level left to right at the front. The rear of the camper is 15.5 inches from ground to bottom of bumper on the left side (driver side) and 13.5 inches on the right side. Is this 2" difference normal or is there a problem? Does it matter that it has a pullout on the left side? It does not have any type of leaf spring it appears to be some type of torsion bar setup. All four tires inflated to 65 psi.
Rick757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #2
FlyingAroundRV

My guess would be that's not normal. Have you noticed any buckling of the cladding anywhere?
You said you measured to the bottom of the bumper. Maybe try measuring to the frame. It's quite possible it's only the bumper that has been snagged on something before you got it. Also, measure the ground very carefully. Over the length of a travel trailer it's easy to have a 2" variance in the ground level from the axles to the rear of the trailer, side to side.
An easy way to measure levels accurately is with a water level.

Get some clear plastic hose that will jam fit in the end of a garden hose. Cut the clear hose into two lengths and jam one in each end of the garden hose. Next fill the hose up with enough water that the water level is visible in both the clear hoses. Take one end of the hose to a reference point and the other end to the point you want to check. Lift or lower the ends of the hose (takes two people to do this) such that the water is visible in both clear sections. Measure the distance from the ground to the water level in the clear hose at both ends. This will tell you the relative levels of the two ends.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:11 AM   #3
Rick757

I have not seen any buckling or cladding. i will check frame height from parking pad on both sides and the water in a hose trick. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #4
Texas Steve

The bumper is sloped to allow for drainage of the sewer hose (if you store it there). My TT is the same way. Bumper is out of level. Measure to the frame rail at the same point on both sides after leveling.
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
Rick757

That makes since Texas Steve. i''m going to check frame height later today.