Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
Keithw

2011 Raptor 300MP Front Slide off track?

Has anyone experienced a slide goes half way in then nothing? It appears to be off the track and I can move it by hand. Hoping to find the gears/track and take a look at it tonight. Wondering if that is all located under the bed? Any advise?
Thanks,
Keith
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
bobbecky

Not sure how the bed slide is on a Raptor, but this is a photo of the mechanism on our 2012 Montana, which is a hydraulic slide. The picture only shows one steel slide, but there are two. You have to remove the plywood panel to access the slide mechanism.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed slide.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	22564  
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:42 AM   #3
Keithw

Thanks for the PIC. I am hopefully tearing into it today. Mine is also hydraulic. I thought I heard a noise when I started pulling in the slides. A kind of bang. I still can hear the motor running yet but the slide does not move unless I do it from outside. It actually was hanging half way with the outside panel drooping and several inches lower than the hole it slides into. Anybody else ever deal with this?
Thx
Old 07-03-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
Keithw

Wood all rotten bolts pulled through floor

Well, I took it all apart. 5/8 Chip board and rotten all the way through. Hydraulics all working good. I have a pic of outside. I am going to try to replace wood. Anyone ever use treated wood for this? Any wood suggestions? It is 5/8 thickness. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rot.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	22606  
Old 07-03-2019, 11:35 AM   #5
66joej

First you should find the reason for the rot and correct that.
If you plan on keeping the 5er for any length of time I would replace the OSB with real plywood. Marine grade if it has a chance of exposure to the weather.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:45 AM   #6
Keithw

water leaking

I am going to blow a few more tubes of calk up on top of the slide. It appears that the water is just concentrated to the very edge of the slide. That is why the bolts pulled though. The rest of the wood appears to be good. I was going to use treated wood but nobody in MN stocks 5/8 thick. I figured if I used 3/4 then it would not line up with the hydraulics. Also wondering about the chemicals in treated. I have been told it eats regular hardware. That may not be good for the hydraulic frame that mounts directly to the wood. I think I will use regular plywood and seal or paint it. Have a great 4th!
Old 07-08-2019, 06:47 AM   #7
Keithw

I got it fixed!!

Not easy but I got it fixed. The four mounting screws pulled through the chip board that was used for the floor of the bedroom slide out. Hydraulics all work good. Had to take all bed frame loose and then all screws under slide. Lift the slide and remove OSB. Cut new piece and reinstall. Couple buddies help and we got it all working and now it seals better than ever. Even my big slide seals better? Another tip: If you get a new mattress make sure it does not smash up against dresser. I think my new memory foam was 4 inches too long and may have contributed to some of this. I cut 4 inches off the new mattress to make it fit a little better. Happy RVing!
Old 08-15-2021, 06:37 PM   #8
FrankO

Do you have any pictures? I am having the same issues. Looking down on the bedroom slide mechanism nothing looks wet or rotten.
FrankO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 06:51 AM   #9
Keithw

I don't have any pics but what I found was that my new mattress was too long and hit my dresser which bore the four mounting bolts which are mounted in chip board. They became oblonged and then would not pull the slide in tight. The holes got bigger and bigger. This also effected the big slide which also did not pull tight due to the bedroom slide not all tight. It was a lot of work but I just took it all apart and put new chip board/OSB in for the whole slide to sit on. The hydraulics pull directly onto the OSB. Mine works great not for the last year since I did the work. Also, I used cheap OSB rather than green treat so it would not warp. Seems to be the answer. Let me know if you need anything else. Good Luck!
Old 08-16-2021, 08:10 AM   #10
DMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithw View Post
I am going to blow a few more tubes of calk up on top of the slide. It appears that the water is just concentrated to the very edge of the slide. That is why the bolts pulled though. The rest of the wood appears to be good. I was going to use treated wood but nobody in MN stocks 5/8 thick. I figured if I used 3/4 then it would not line up with the hydraulics. Also wondering about the chemicals in treated. I have been told it eats regular hardware. That may not be good for the hydraulic frame that mounts directly to the wood. I think I will use regular plywood and seal or paint it. Have a great 4th!
I used marine plywood when I did mine (should be able to find with a search) and was able to reuse the filon on the bottom, but I did rewrap with new darco first. I replaced a previous camper (LQ horse trailer) with treated plywood and would never do that again due to leaching of chemicals inside!

2013 Raptor 300 MP, MORryde 8K IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 940 watt solar system, 630 ah battery bank, Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter/charger, ME-ARC, ME-AGS, ME-BMK.

2005 Freightliner Century Class S/T, 14L 60 Series Detroit, 10 spd Ultrashift, w/3.73, Trailer Saver TSLB 3 bag hitch.
DMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 08:16 AM   #11
Keithw

I would buy a new piece of filon if I had to do it again. I reused mine but now it is all cracked up. I just gorilla taped it all over to get me by because big job to replace it. I am talking about the black plastic on bottom of slide.

Tags
rack, raptor, slide