Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #1
BamaRam

Registering the appliances

Should I register the appliances with the manufacturer? What are the benefits? I normally shy away from registering anything with a manufacturer because they tend to use/sell my information for marketing purposes. Ask me silly questions like "what are your hobbies" and crap like that.

Any horror stories about not registering?
Old 06-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

If you buy new and have the sales contract that would probably suffice. I register everything because I figure after being around this long, and the number of calls/emails etc. I get, I've been upsold to everyone in the world. Anyway, my dealer did it for me when I bought it
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
ken56

I register. I have never had a big issue with my information being sold and then being inundated with spam, its just never happened. Your dealer may or may not have registered your appliances. I just do it on line. I am right now in a claim with Suburban for my water heater circuit board, a 129 dollar cost for the board alone then labor on top of that to install it. The propane side kept going into reset after about 10 minutes. I did all the checks and cleaned things and it still kicked into reset. Off to the repair man. I needed to supply verification of sale date, Suburban has a 2 year warranty and I am 1 year into it. Haven't heard back if it was approved yet or not. Things do happen where you may need to make a claim on that warranty so I would register.
ken56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #4
Happy Dad

In addition to benefiting on warranty claims it is also a good idea as you will be apprised of recalls first hand.
Happy Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #5
K_N_L

I register everything - so if there is a issue or warranty claim you know that at least you did your part.
K_N_L is offline   Reply With Quote