Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2016, 09:25 AM   #21
fourfourto

Forgot gauge size but got the heavy gauge one.
Comes in handy running the A/C at home.

Maybe a spyder on bug made a nest in there.

1 week after I got it 2 weeks after build date I found a ant colony in cabinet under TV I had can food in there in a reclaimed box from BJ"s. The buggers climbed up power cord into bottom of cabinet and were under cardboard box that must of got soaked at one time with soda or something .

Sprayed area and put ant traps in several hidden places .

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 11:11 AM   #22
spokedintheeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto View Post
Make sure you have a 2 5/16 ball when you pick it up, they have them at dealer if needed.
have fun good luck
check it out real good before taking it ,mine had no issues, look for small defects ect make sure everything works.(read more in some posts here they have checklist,i used the one in my head.)
and trailer is level on truck
I agree here. I picked up my new bullet with my 2 inch ball. I forgot to check. The dealer didn't check. What saved me was I always test the connection by raising the hitch. When my truck rises with the hitch it's secure. This time it raised and the ball fell out of the coupler. Two more times to be sure and it was back into the dealer for a new ball.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
spokedintheeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:10 PM   #23
Paco

177LHS

I'm a newbie about to buy the 2017 177LHS and I can't wait to use it!

Weight specs are as below:
Dry Weight 3,290 lbs.
Payload Capacity 1,170 lbs.
GVWR 4,460 lbs.
Hitch Weight 460 lbs.

What is supposed to be the towing capacity of my vehicule?
Also, if you have one, did you have any problem with it? I'd love to hear your experience with it.

Paco
Orlando, FL
Paco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:31 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
177LHS

Dry Weight 3,290 lbs.
GVWR 4,460 lbs.
Hitch Weight 460 lbs.

Also, if you have one, did you have any problem with it? I'd love to hear your experience with it.

Paco
Orlando, FL
Your tow vehicle needs to be more than a mid size SUV.

You need a hitch that is more than a class III. You need something with a minimum trailer rating of at LEAST 5000 lbs. Your vehicle needs a payload capacity of at least 1500 lbs. And it goes on. What is your tow vehicle? Or, are you going to buy one?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:38 PM   #25
Paco

Thanks Sourdough!!

Now I'm driving a Ford Fusion so looking for an SUV. I'm thinking about getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango. I just checked their towing capacity is above 5000lbs so that would be just fine.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:57 PM   #26
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks Sourdough!!

Now I'm driving a Ford Fusion so looking for an SUV. I'm thinking about getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Dodge Durango. I just checked their towing capacity is above 5000lbs so that would be just fine.
Remember that the majority of SUV's are "uni-body" construction. In other words, they don't have a frame under them, the body/frame is one series of stampings that are welded and riveted together. While uni-body vehicles are rated to tow, they are not as well equipped or suited to tow as a "body on frame" type vehicle. That's why the vast majority of people who tow larger trailers have left the SUV market and moved to the pick up truck market.

I'm not suggesting you stop looking at SUV's as a tow vehicle, just be aware that they are limited because of the type construction employed in manufacturing them.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:01 PM   #27
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Thanks Sourdough!!

Do not use the advertising brochure to get your numbers. Use the capacity stickers on the vehicle you are considering located on the door jamb. You will need at least one with a tow package included in the build. If you post what you find on here we can give you a thumbs up/down and explain why.

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO! Glad you're here!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #28
Paco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Your tow vehicle needs to be more than a mid size SUV.

You need a hitch that is more than a class III. You need something with a minimum trailer rating of at LEAST 5000 lbs. Your vehicle needs a payload capacity of at least 1500 lbs. And it goes on. What is your tow vehicle? Or, are you going to buy one?
Noted!! Thank you! Yes I'm going to buy one. I'm looking at SUVs or small pickup. Any suggestion will be welcomed!
Old 08-01-2017, 03:22 PM   #29
Paco

Thank you for explaining this important difference!! I'm going to look at small pickup options at Toyota, GMC or RAM. Any recommendation will be greatly appreciated within these brands or even others.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #30
bschmuhl

I just purchased a new 1750RD and picked it up around march. So far my wife and I love it. Check the lateral supports for the dinette to turn it into a bed they are only held in with staples. We had our grandsons sleeping on it one night( 150lb combined weight of the 2 of them) and the lateral supports pulled out of the wood. So i bought some wood stained it to match the rest of the bench and put horizontal supports in place.
bschmuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:35 PM   #31
CrazyCain

Quote:
177LHS

Dry Weight 3,290 lbs.
GVWR 4,460 lbs.
Hitch Weight 460 lbs.

Paco
Orlando, FL
As you can see in my signature area, i also have the 177LHS. I have had it for almost a year, use in every other weekend and have had No major problems with the rig. Tows like a dream, check my roof and sealant every month, wash and wax 2 times already. A/C wall mounted unit will sometimes hold water in the pan which drips onto the bed stand counter on occasion after moving rig. Enjoy

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:33 AM   #32
rjrelander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bschmuhl View Post
I just purchased a new 1750RD and picked it up around march. So far my wife and I love it. Check the lateral supports for the dinette to turn it into a bed they are only held in with staples. We had our grandsons sleeping on it one night( 150lb combined weight of the 2 of them) and the lateral supports pulled out of the wood. So i bought some wood stained it to match the rest of the bench and put horizontal supports in place.
One of the other 1750RD owners here. Just noticed that I never replied to this thread so I might as well keep it going. We have been enjoying ours since we bought it on Memorial Day. So far we have taken it out twice and have two more weekend trips reserved. No solid plans for after Labor Day weekend but we are looking forward to getting some fall camping in when the weather cools off and our schedules loosen up a bit.

First thing we noticed was that the AC kept the dining area cool but the cold air didn't like to circulate to the bedroom area so we picked up an oscillating fan which seemed to help. The mattress was a little thin so we added one of those combination foam and pillow toppers and now it's a lot more comfortable. We haven't used the dinette bed yet but I plan on adding the additional supports under the horizontal ones this weekend.

We might add a distribution hitch in the future but we are well under max tongue weight and the truck drops less than an inch in the rear. I did install a Curt sway bar just in case. Pulls nice and smooth even in the heavy wind and rain we ran into last weekend. It seems to fit nice in the driveway but it's a little low to the ground so I worry about scraping the jacks on the concrete. At least my backing skills keep the neighbors entertained.

Randi & Shirley
2016 Ford F-350 SRW CCSB 6.7L 4WD
2022 Forest River Vibe 26RK
rjrelander is offline   Reply With Quote