Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2016, 04:52 AM   #1
fourfourto

Anyone have a 1750RD ?

Bought a 2017 1750RD will have delivery by MM day.
Same as 2016 anyone have info on this camper.
Got a good deal
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 06:28 AM   #2
Tbos

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy your new rig. Lots of good info to be found here even if it's not your exact TT. Do a search for a PDI and you should be able to find a good checklist for when you pick it up.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #3
fourfourto

Picking it up Friday

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 07-11-2016, 07:05 AM   #4
fourfourto

Went out 2X no problems, cover on heater loosened up replaced sheet metel screws with machine screws with lock nuts should be good.

No one here seems to have summerland 1750rd or similar small 1 axle campers ?

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 08-02-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto View Post

No one here seems to have summerland 1750rd or similar small 1 axle campers ?
I'm a new guy. We are picking up a Hideout 177LHS Thursday. It is very similar to the 1750RD. We are pretty excited as it is our first real travel trailer.
24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:13 PM   #6
fourfourto

Almost same trailer ,you have more room near bed I have more in back, looks like you have more storage inside.
What are you towing with ?.

Make sure trailer is level, I had to bring mine up an inch as my other trailer's tongue weight was less.

i'm only using a friction sway bar tows fine tested it a 80mph even though I usually cruze at 60 65.
did some mods http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25509

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 08-03-2016, 03:07 AM   #7
24v

Quote:
Almost same trailer ,you have more room near bed I have more in back, looks like you have more storage inside.
What are you towing with ?.

Make sure trailer is level, I had to bring mine up an inch as my other trailer's tongue weight was less.

i'm only using a friction sway bar tows fine tested it a 80mph even though I usually cruze at 60 65.
did some mods http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25509
We are using a 2016 Canyon V6 to tow with. I don't have any sway bar or anything yet. Figured I would get it and tow it around a little to see what it needs.

I saw your mods thread, wish more people would do that with the small ones, it's cool finding new ideas.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #8
fourfourto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24v View Post
We are using a 2016 Canyon V6 to tow with. I don't have any sway bar or anything yet. Figured I would get it and tow it around a little to see what it needs.

I saw your mods thread, wish more people would do that with the small ones, it's cool finding new ideas.
Make sure you have a 2 5/16 ball when you pick it up, they have them at dealer if needed.
have fun good luck
check it out real good before taking it ,mine had no issues, look for small defects ect make sure everything works.(read more in some posts here they have checklist,i used the one in my head.)
and trailer is level on truck

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 08-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #9
24v

Quote:
Make sure you have a 2 5/16 ball when you pick it up, they have them at dealer if needed.
have fun good luck
check it out real good before taking it ,mine had no issues, look for small defects ect make sure everything works.(read more in some posts here they have checklist,i used the one in my head.)
and trailer is level on truck
They were going to throw in the ball, but I realized I have one in my shed. Thanks, for some reason I figured it was 2".
Old 08-16-2016, 03:12 PM   #10
fourfourto

Quote:
I'm a new guy. We are picking up a Hideout 177LHS Thursday. It is very similar to the 1750RD. We are pretty excited as it is our first real travel trailer.
How did it go,?

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 08-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #11
24v

Quote:
How did it go,?
Went great, it is in the backyard. I bought an Equal-I-zer weight distribution hitch. I could probably do without, but I think t will make a the ride more relaxing.

Here is a pic of when I brought it home.

Now we are just trying to get it all setup and ready for our trips to the desert.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:28 PM   #12
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Went great, it is in the backyard. I bought an Equal-I-zer weight distribution hitch. I could probably do without, but I think t will make a the ride more relaxing.

Here is a pic of when I brought it home.

Now we are just trying to get it all setup and ready for our trips to the desert.
Glad you bought the Equalizer and hope it is the 4 point system and not the 2 point system. Sway control is even more important when towing a single axel trailer.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:05 AM   #13
24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Glad you bought the Equalizer and hope it is the 4 point system and not the 2 point system. Sway control is even more important when towing a single axel trailer.
Yes I bought the 4 point system.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:24 AM   #14
Tm98

I haven't seen many talk about the smaller trailers
Tm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:25 AM   #15
cdotson

I have a 2015 1800BH we bought used and picked up in May of this year. Original owner only had it 13 months and everything looked new.

I'm towing with a 2002 Ram 1500 with a 4.7L, 5spd manual, and 3.55 rear. I'm pretty sure that loaded I'm at or slightly above my GCWR. Tows fully stable and brakes incredibly well, just can't go or climb for anything.

Had an incident with a semi retread that dented the lower passenger side of the front panel and left some rubber marks higher up the front and on the side. Verified it did not cause a leak so I'm delaying repairs until the off season. Trailer handled the emergency lane change incredibly well otherwise.

Noticed another issue on my last trip where the cabinet-mounted air conditioner is dripping condensate into the cabinet. Just happened again today. Need to figure out how to chase the drain (if one exists?) as when I pulled away from my last campout a huge amount of water exited the exterior vent of the A/C and ran down the side. Looked when I brought it home last but couldn't find the best way in.

Also, anyone else have problems with the refrigerator? On shore power empty it will get freezing cold. I can make ice in trays, but putting any food at all in the lower racks pushes the temperature above 50F even if the food is pre-chilled.
cdotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #16
Tm98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotson View Post
I have a 2015 1800BH we bought used and picked up in May of this year. Original owner only had it 13 months and everything looked new.

I'm towing with a 2002 Ram 1500 with a 4.7L, 5spd manual, and 3.55 rear. I'm pretty sure that loaded I'm at or slightly above my GCWR. Tows fully stable and brakes incredibly well, just can't go or climb for anything.

Had an incident with a semi retread that dented the lower passenger side of the front panel and left some rubber marks higher up the front and on the side. Verified it did not cause a leak so I'm delaying repairs until the off season. Trailer handled the emergency lane change incredibly well otherwise.

Noticed another issue on my last trip where the cabinet-mounted air conditioner is dripping condensate into the cabinet. Just happened again today. Need to figure out how to chase the drain (if one exists?) as when I pulled away from my last campout a huge amount of water exited the exterior vent of the A/C and ran down the side. Looked when I brought it home last but couldn't find the best way in.

Also, anyone else have problems with the refrigerator? On shore power empty it will get freezing cold. I can make ice in trays, but putting any food at all in the lower racks pushes the temperature above 50F even if the food is pre-chilled.

I have a 1800bh also with drain issues from the a/c. It is not draining out the side vent much at all. The last time we took it out it was for a week and after two days it started getting the interior floor wet under the storage seat. We are waiting for it to go in to get worked on now.

I had the same issue with the fridge and ended up getting a battery powered fan made by camco to put inside to blow the cold air around. It helped tremendously.
Tm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #17
fourfourto

24V

Nice
layout on these units are nice for the weight.
figure heavy im about 4000 lbs.

Check cover on inside heater had to modify mine kept loosening up.

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 08-25-2016, 04:23 AM   #18
cdotson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tm98 View Post
I have a 1800bh also with drain issues from the a/c. It is not draining out the side vent much at all. The last time we took it out it was for a week and after two days it started getting the interior floor wet under the storage seat. We are waiting for it to go in to get worked on now.
I took a look at mine last night. The "buttons" on the trim pieces around the face of the a/c unit pop off revealing a screw underneath. Pull those and you can see around the air conditioner.

There's a sheet metal pan under the body of the A/C unit that has short sides. This is tilted so (when the trailer's level) it goes from the bottom of the cabinet opening downhill through the exterior wall to the bottom of the plastic grill shell outside. This is not part of the a/c unit, which is just a residential window unit, but catches condensation that would normally fall freely to the ground and gives it a path to the outside of the RV to keep the cabinet (and wall) dry.

If your floor below the dining seat was getting wet, examine the wall below the air conditioner carefully. It sounds like water ran down the inside of your exterior wall to get to the floor below your seat. This would happen if the metal pan was missing, torn/cut/bent, or poorly positioned.

On mine, this sheet metal seemed to almost completely obscure the slots cut in the lower lip of the plastic grille shell. By pushing up on the metal through the slots I was able to get some small amount of water to come out. I climbed a ladder and looked down into the grille opening and saw more water sitting at the lower edge of the condenser inside the a/c housing.

Once the trim pieces are removed from the cabinet around the a/c, there's only one screw along the top edge holding the unit in. When I tow my camper home and give the a/c a chance to dry out I'll have to pull the unit and look for additional drains to chase out and also check the positioning of the sheet metal pan below the unit.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:49 AM   #19
fourfourto

My A/C is draining correctly by dripping at the outside corner.

I find the wall unit works well cooling the camper, usually I leave it on low to limit noise and use the thermostat.

Also I like that when hooked up to 110 outlet at home with a 100 foot ext cord it can be used, the roof one blows house breaker after 2 min.

I find that the roof one will run if directly plugged into a 20 amp plug but can't take ext cord.

2017 Keystone 1750rd
2006 Hummer H3
1968 Oldsmobile 442
1983 Honda CX650C
Old 08-25-2016, 06:18 AM   #20
cdotson

Quote:
Also I like that when hooked up to 110 outlet at home with a 100 foot ext cord it can be used, the roof one blows house breaker after 2 min.

I find that the roof one will run if directly plugged into a 20 amp plug but can't take ext cord.
I haven't tried running my A/C when plugged into a 15A circuit with a 100ft extension cord at home, but might give it a shot to troubleshoot my drains.

There's some online calculators that help you determine your voltage drop through an extension cord based on the actual current draw, cord length, and wire gauge. Using the shortest cord with the largest conductors you can get should help.

http://buyextensioncord.com/info_voltage_drop.shtml