Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2016, 12:03 PM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Okay. I read the thread. Here's what I gather:

The wrong unit was installed, and the replacement unit had a "V" in the model #. If you go to the Atwood RV furnace website, you can navigate to a page describing different models the V isn't a designation that the unit be placed vertical vs. horizontally, but rather how it's set for intake and discharge.

Some units sit on the floor and discharge into duct work, some sit on the floor and discharge out of ducts on the sides and some sit vertically and discharge through ducts.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion. There is only ONE furnace, but different "cases" they are put in to accommodate different delivery systems.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:14 AM   #22
JAbraham03

Update

Just an update, got the unit back from the shop, they are still waiting on Keystone to give them an answer if they are going to send them a new board or not. They cant see how water is getting high enough to get to the board. I asked them about a thicker gasket but they said they want to wait on Keystone. I will be installing one if they come back with nothing can be done, only way water can get in where it did is if it is going around the gasket.

Anyone else have to do this?
Old 04-26-2016, 06:11 AM   #23
1jeep

my carbon 327 has a similar furnace issue, turn the thermostat up, blower comes on nothing else. I go outside I can smell gas. unit is less than a year old, rv dealership said it is under warranty still and I am dropping it off this weekend. I just hope this doesn't turn into another 2 month wait for warranty work. I did look inside and see the board mounted on the top of the furnace so I dont know how it is getting wet easily.

My 9 year old outback had zero issues, my new keystone product has not been horrible but definitely not the same build quality they used to have.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #24
JAbraham03

Heater

Here are a photo of after I got some of the water cleaned up in the box after taking the cover off. The board is mounted on the bottom for some reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1874.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	10306  
Old 04-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #25
1jeep

looks like the same bd, but mine is up top, maybe the furnace is mounted differently in my rv?
Old 04-28-2016, 05:43 AM   #26
JAbraham03

Furnace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1jeep View Post
looks like the same bd, but mine is up top, maybe the furnace is mounted differently in my rv?
Mine is mounted Vertically. When I opened the panel water poured out. The relay is on the bottom, I could wiggle the wires on it when water was in there and it would kick on. There isnt even an 1/8" of clearance off the bottom of the tray for the board. To me it needs better weather stripping.