Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #1
ismwo

Fireplace bulbs

Anyone know the brand of fireplace or type of bulb used in the keystone laredo.
Is the a spot where the brand of items used in keystone products is listed? Nothing seems to be labeled?
ismwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 09:47 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Looking at the Keystone website and viewing the Laredo brochure it looks like your fireplace is a "greystone" here is a link to the company headquarters in Indiana. Hope this helps.

http://wayinterglobal.com/portfolio/...ne-fireplaces/

If my mind is right today, you can lift the surround to reveal the mounting screws. Once out you will be able to identify model #. I've never had to take one apart to see what bulbs they use.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 06:25 AM   #3
ismwo

Took it appart and the are no tags labels or writing of any type on the fireplace or bulbs. Very frustating. Followed the link and thats not my fireplace. Thanks for the try, really appreciate the help. Thought they would use same fireplace on all models?
ismwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:14 AM   #4
MikeD3534

Go to the website www.Trekwood.com. Plug in your year, make, model, etc. and it should produce a list of replacement parts/equipment for your camper. You may be able to find your fireplace among the items. It worked for me, but not sure about others.
MikeD3534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:26 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

All the fireplaces I've seen use either "candelabra base" incandescent bulbs or "T-6/T-10 base" halogen bulbs. Usually removing the trim around the fireplace will expose screws that hold it in position. Removing those screws will allow you to pull the fireplace.

There are several manufacturers of RV fireplaces, actually there are several distributors of RV fireplaces around the Elkhart, IN area. Most (if not all) of the products are actually made in China and replacement parts are very difficult to obtain. Trekwood doesn't sell "parts for fireplaces" that old, but they do have replacement "fireplaces for sale"... The cost for the 2007 Laredo fireplace is listed at $907. I wouldn't consider that a bargain

You may be able to remove the bottom grate/vent from the fireplace with it installed without having to remove the entire fireplace. Somewhere on the fireplace, either on the back, a side or possibly under that lower vent, there's an identification sticker with model/part number.

Do you have an owner's manual for the fireplace? If not, have you searched for "RV fireplace" on Google? If you don't have a manual, you may find an image on Google that would lead you to websites that have fireplaces that look like yours, leading you to a manual that would give you the information you need on how to replace bulbs....

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 04:43 PM   #6
Bill & Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismwo View Post
Anyone know the brand of fireplace or type of bulb used in the keystone laredo.
Is the a spot where the brand of items used in keystone products is listed? Nothing seems to be labeled?
I replaced mine with 120VAC candelabra LED. A lot cheaper to run when you pay for hydro.

Bill
Pullrite Superglide 15K Hitch
Bill & Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #7
FOLEYO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
All the fireplaces I've seen use either "candelabra base" incandescent bulbs or "T-6/T-10 base" halogen bulbs. Usually removing the trim around the fireplace will expose screws that hold it in position. Removing those screws will allow you to pull the fireplace.

There are several manufacturers of RV fireplaces, actually there are several distributors of RV fireplaces around the Elkhart, IN area. Most (if not all) of the products are actually made in China and replacement parts are very difficult to obtain. Trekwood doesn't sell "parts for fireplaces" that old, but they do have replacement "fireplaces for sale"... The cost for the 2007 Laredo fireplace is listed at $907. I wouldn't consider that a bargain

You may be able to remove the bottom grate/vent from the fireplace with it installed without having to remove the entire fireplace. Somewhere on the fireplace, either on the back, a side or possibly under that lower vent, there's an identification sticker with model/part number.

Do you have an owner's manual for the fireplace? If not, have you searched for "RV fireplace" on Google? If you don't have a manual, you may find an image on Google that would lead you to websites that have fireplaces that look like yours, leading you to a manual that would give you the information you need on how to replace bulbs....

Good Luck
"Usually removing the trim around the fireplace will expose screws that hold it in position. Removing those screws will allow you to pull the fireplace." Took awhile to figure out how to remove the extra-wide trim on my '11 Avalanche 290L fireplace without damaging trim or wood fireplace frame. A retired carpenter finally cut two wood wedges about 1&1/2" wide and had me put wax paper between the wedges and the wood facia before tapping the wedges in place. Worked like a charm! No damage to the trim or wood around the fireplace.
FOLEYO is offline   Reply With Quote