Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2015, 07:24 AM   #1
BlueknightWI

Front tire chocks in the garage

What do you folks use for chocking your front tires on your cycles? I have one Pingel chock, but I am also looking at the J&S Jacks wheel chocks. I just wonder what you use, and how you secure it to the floor-if at all. Pictures would be helpful if you can. Thanks. I just want to have the unit basically ready to go when we take delivery.
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Desert185

I have a Condor. Plates are bolted with through-bolts, washers and Nyloc nuts to the floor and then the chock itself is bolted to the plates. The chock can be removed, leaving the floor clear of obstructions allowing me to carry a quad instead of the bike.

Obviously, check under floor to clear aluminum floor joists, etc. before you drill.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #3
Signguy71

I have the condor as well, great wheel chock. I just have mine sitting on the floor up against the wall never had a problem hauling my road king. Once I am home I park the bike on it in the garage just sitting on the floor.
Signguy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:33 PM   #4
BlueknightWI

Thanks guys. This gives me some ideas now.
BlueknightWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
JAM2015

I'm using Baxley Sport Chocks in my toy hauler. Been using them in my other trailer for 4 years. Awesome products.
JAM2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:16 PM   #6
FTWingRiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert185 View Post
I have a Condor. Plates are bolted with through-bolts, washers and Nyloc nuts to the floor and then the chock itself is bolted to the plates. The chock can be removed, leaving the floor clear of obstructions allowing me to carry a quad instead of the bike.

Obviously, check under floor to clear aluminum floor joists, etc. before you drill.
^^^ this^^^ love the condor. Plus it will hold my goldwing by itself so I can get off and strap it down myself.

FTWingRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:57 AM   #7
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

I also have the Kondor....times three. When I am at home They are on the garage floor and drive right in and walk away. I don't ever worry about them falling over.

The only thing I did was add two "S" hooks to the Kondor to pull the tire in tight when we are traveling the ALCAN highway. I did not use any type mounting in my Raptor garage for the Kondor. I just run straps to the factory hooks at four points. Have never had a bike move and I did miss a few frost heaves traveling around Alaska and Canada a time or three. Felt like the truck and trailer were going to come apart.

What ever you decide to use, I do recommend you video tape the bikes while you are traveling to make sure you have them secured. You maybe shocked at what you see.
Big Boy w/ Big Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:09 PM   #8
Wing-in-it

i just bought the Condor as well, yes it cost more.....but you get what you pay for! Very well made and I trust my 900LB Goldwing on it.

2015 Fuzion 325
2020 Ram 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Aisin
Chesterfield, VA.
Wing-in-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #9
Big Boy w/ Big Toys

Here is a pic with "S" hooks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0429.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	87.6 KB