Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #21
Randy_K

My answer is simple.

If you want to stay fine, but I like to be naked a lot and I hope the loud crazy sex does not keep you awake.

2010 Ford F150 Screw, E rated tires and Air Lift
2013 Passport Elite 23RB
https://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps749334ca.jpg
Randy_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #22
outwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by poncho62 View Post
I asked my septic guy about this...He said it makes no difference as long as the septic tank gets pumped regularly.....If the campground doesnt do this, thats their problem
Like JRTJH posted, septic is a whole different ball of wax from RV tanks. Believe me, the first time you have to get Amazon to overnight you a backflush kit and then spend hours repeatedly backflushing and dumping your black tank to get rid of a clog (all while trying to not overfill your tank and create another mess in the process). . . Yep, speaking from experience

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:54 AM   #23
dandjh1958

My trailer, my rules. Grandson can sleep inside with one friend. Everyone else sleeps in tents. My toilet is only used for #1- tissue is placed in the wastebasket next to the toilet. Only in extreme emergency (not laziness) does #2 happen (plus they need to let me know).

Food is cooked inside the trailer but served outside. Refrig is for my stuff and food for family dinners. Personal food and drinks are in their own coolers.

We bought the trailer that really only sleeps two. if friends and family want to sleep in a trailer, they can buy their own. So far, works very well for us!
But these have been the rules since day one with our popup and they continue to work well with the trailer.

Happy camping!!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #24
Steve S

K I have to ask..... why can't people crap in your toilet and why do they need your permission?
Old 07-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #25
Javi

After years of sharing my tents, trailers, motorhomes, cars, pickups, food, drinks, clothes and tools with family and friends and being often taken advantage of; I have had a firm rule for the past twenty odd years....

NO.... I paid for it, go buy your own...

Once I adopted this rule I found that I had a lot less friends and close family but suddenly had a lot more money with which to enjoy time with my DW and our much smaller group of friends and family.

There are a lot of folks who are only friendly because of what YOU can do FOR them; I've found a more complete life without those folks.

As for toilet paper... I prefer to use a multi-ply like Cottonelle Ultra for comfort and just spend a little extra effort to make sure I get the black tank clean after a trip.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #26
dandjh1958

When we first started camping in a RV (one of our friends) they had the rule.
Makes for dumping a whole lot easier and cleaner. So I gave it a try in our own trailer and so far, it works. We have always camped in campgrounds that have great restrooms and showers. At night, my DH and I only need to pee (several times a night.... we're old) but a walk to the restroom is always expected if #2.
Not a big deal if it happens, I just spend a little more time making sure my black tank gets clean.
Just how I was introduced to RVing so I'm keeping it going.

My black tank is beautiful and smells wonderful ;-)

Happy camping!!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #27
hankaye

Hankpage, Howdy;

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
I've been married for forty-four years and I don't care what Keystone says ... my Cougar only sleeps two. Where would they stay if you didn't have the trailer??? I think it's nice of you to offer the tent so they can come along. I would be pointing to the Holiday Inn down the road and meeting them for brunch. JM2˘, Hank
Must be sum-tin 'bout bein' from that small part of the Country ...
When I bought this the sales dude mentioned that it sleeps 4, I told him to
re-do his math it only sleeps 2. He stuttered a bit and repeated that Keystone
sez it will sleep 4. I looked at him, pointed to the bed and said,
Only 2. He mentioned the fold out couch, I mentioned that Rascal
ain't givin' up his bed neither. Anyone wants to tag along they can get their own
site, and figure out their own sleepin' arraignments and any other thing
they can think of that involves my RV. If they want to make the payments then I'll
consider their requests ... may not grant their request ... but I'll
consider them.

the other hank

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #28
pjhansman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanTC View Post
"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
Couldn't agree more....although apparently our cats are the exception to the rule
MOR/ryde Wet Bolt Kit, TST 507 TPMS, 1000w PSW Inverter, JT's Strongarm Stabilizers, and the list goes on....
Yamaha EF3000iSE/B Inverter Generator
pjhansman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #29
bsmith0404

You could just tell them that these things have a lot of movement and rocking during certain hours when some people may be trying to sleep. They would probably get a much better nights sleep in the tent. You are doing it for their benefit

If that doesn't work, and the gf thinks it's okay for them to stay with you, then I guess you just make them pay for the RV site, food, and beer, suck it up and enjoy the freebees. I would still tell them the bathroom is off limits, heck I do that with my own kids. The bathroom and shower in our RV is for me and the DW.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #30
greengiant

I can't believe how many of us don't use our bathrooms as bathrooms???? In 6 years since I got out a tent and into a trailer, I've made it my business, to do my business, in my own personal space, aka, TT. As far as friends/family, I tell everyone to have at it. I guess I may share to much. Heck, 5 guys and a tailgate weekend can fill 35 gallons fast, thank goodness my brother decided to use the grass all weekend.......but I am way off topic......

What I meant to say was, that it comes down to where you see this relationship going. The guy that cares about her and sees a future, might at first ask the G.F. what she thinks of them in the trailer with you guys. If she wants alone time, show them the tents, and you have no problems. If she think there's room (which by the looks of it there is, and two nights camping with 4 adults should not be too much on any systems, even if dry camping), then is it worth the argument?

You could go a step further and say "why don't you three girls take the trailer for the weekend and I'll do the tent". Call me crazy, but you will probably get a whole lot more 'private' moments in that trailer in the future, if you treat her family and friends with love and kindness. WHy not just plan a weekend alone next time?
My guess is the tension created by telling them to sleep outside is just not worth it...take an extra 12 pack and enjoy being away for the weekend.
greengiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #31
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
I can't believe how many of us don't use our bathrooms as bathrooms???? In 6 years since I got out a tent and into a trailer, I've made it my business, to do my business, in my own personal space, aka, TT. As far as friends/family, I tell everyone to have at it. I guess I may share to much. Heck, 5 guys and a tailgate weekend can fill 35 gallons fast, thank goodness my brother decided to use the grass all weekend.......but I am way off topic......
I guess a few of us have had too many unpleasant episodes of trying to unplug a black tank after people who don't have to deal with it forget to flush with enough water. I know if I use my toilet I will use more than enough water to keep the system clear. My daughter seems to think an entire roll of toilet paper is needed to clean her scrawny, little behind, she could plug up a wood chipper, not dealing with it anymore, they can walk to the public restroom.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
Old 07-08-2014, 05:00 AM   #32
SAABDOCTOR

Here are the rules in the camper! 8 for cocktails 4 for dinner and two to sleep! Remember that the doors lock from the inside:d feelings may get hurt. But if you give in you'll be in the tent and at the bath house. Be nice be firm you need time with your gf alone and you two need to get used to the camper too. Good luck OH AND SINCE YOUR NOT MARRIED YOUR NOT WRONG ..YET
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:27 PM   #33
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
OH AND SINCE YOUR NOT MARRIED YOUR NOT WRONG ..YET
Good point, once you're married you can quit asking and just assume you're wrong.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE