Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #1
ocbms

TV Lift Mechanism

The TV lift has worked without fail until today. Today the TV lifted about 20 inches of the Approx 23 inch and then crash as TV dropped.
Has others had this problem?
The TV is lifted by threaded rod and a Teflon Nut with about 6-8 threads per inch. week
The nut has a hole which a cotter key secures and applies the lift to the TV Rails.
Teflon Nut may have enlarged thread hole allowing the drop leading the portion to nut which has the cotter key to split.
I checked with REAL hardware store and they didn't have anything meeting that diameter vs thread count.
The Lift Mfg seems to be Lippert Components and their WEB Site shows a completely difference lift so I will try to find the part in the next week or so.
The bottom line is My TV still works but lost of Loss of Life? Who's TV will the next to Crash. I was outside when this happened and panicked, what had happen to my better half
2011 Ford F350 6.7 DRW CC LB
Previously had E350 Class C
ocbms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
Mike L123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbms View Post
The TV lift has worked without fail until today. Today the TV lifted about 20 inches of the Approx 23 inch and then crash as TV dropped.
Has others had this problem?
The TV is lifted by threaded rod and a Teflon Nut with about 6-8 threads per inch. week
The nut has a hole which a cotter key secures and applies the lift to the TV Rails.
Teflon Nut may have enlarged thread hole allowing the drop leading the portion to nut which has the cotter key to split.
I checked with REAL hardware store and they didn't have anything meeting that diameter vs thread count.
The Lift Mfg seems to be Lippert Components and their WEB Site shows a completely difference lift so I will try to find the part in the next week or so.
The bottom line is My TV still works but lost of Loss of Life? Who's TV will the next to Crash. I was outside when this happened and panicked, what had happen to my better half
I don't know how to resolve your problem with the TV lift. However, I really don't think that you should refer to the TV as "your better half" - your bride may not take kindly to that!

Cheers and good luck resolving your issue!

Mike
Carol, My wonderful wife of 41 years
Kenzie Schweenie Tod, our furry faced Shih 't n Dash
Mike L123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
ocbms

The Better Half

When crash occurred I wasn't aware what the source of noise might be. In short, she (My bride- my better half) had taken two falls recently ( one on ice but neither had injuries). The TV is still working and a lift part is on order for the tune of $15 plus shipping.
2011 Ford F350 6.7 DRW CC LB
Previously had E350 Class C
ocbms is offline   Reply With Quote