Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
Charli

Roof vent covers

Ordering a Mountaineer 331 and am thinking of replacing small fan in bathroom with a Fantastic Fan. I am considering not going with the rain sensor option and instead adding a roof vent cover. My thinking here is that even if it's raining I may still want the fan running. The vent cover should keep the rain out.
Unit has a Fantastic Fan with the rain sensor as standard in the kitchen and am thinking of having them swap for a non-rain sensor model and add the vent cover for the same reasons.
Any thoughts or experiences with these options?
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:27 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Makes sense to me ..... just be sure to get covers designed for use with high volume fans or the flow restriction could damage the fan.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
Kayne1

Worked really good till rain sensor quit!!!! I would put cover on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kayne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
Hobbi-Juan-Kanobee

The rain sensor is a nice feature but I would prefer the hood since it does give you the most flexibility as you already pointed out.
Hobbi-Juan-Kanobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:58 AM   #5
Charli

When I had ordered our Mountaineer I had asked if they could install the same fan we had in the Cougar, which was the Fantastic Fan with the temp sensor and reversible feature but no rain sensor. It arrived with 2 Max Fans with rain sensor and no temp, reversible features. Montana has gone with Max Fans as their supplier rather than Fantastic and, as I found out during the ordering process, they are not big on modifications.
We will be putting on the vent covers at some point this summer so we can still use in the rain. We have the new frameless windows which look great and will work well in the rain but won't allow as much of a cross breeze so the draw created by the fans will be a benefit.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote