Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
Patrick Smith

Mouse in outdoor kitchen

I have a 2010 Cougar 31sqb and found droppings in the outdoor kitchen ... I had previously removed the refrigerator for use elsewhere. I have researched mice eradication...but my questions concern the design. The two hoses for the outdoor shower have oversized holes....not foam filled....oversight???? who knows. Does anybody know where these two hoses originate? They are not directly connected to the bathroom sink. Maybe they go back to connections under the tub....???? Anyways when investigating the problem....one mouse actually jumped off from underneath the outdoor stove...without a parachute and scurried off. I found droppings in both sections of the outdoor kitchen/shower and also in the two drawers under the bottom bunkbed...drawers were empty at the time. These areas are all accessible or connected. This is getting wordy...sorry. My belief is that these two hoses connect under the tub and go down under the floor and come back up and out the outdoor kitchen/shower wall.
Obviously I am trying to id entry point. I removed the small panel in the bathroom and thought I noticed some droppings but I had a very limited view.
I am thinking of cutting a large section than the tub panel to get a better look and cover it with a large panel. One final comment....the bathroom tub wall has two openings for a drain pipe and heater run...that are not foamed...i.e. mice could easily pass through....and yet I have had no indication of mice penetration in the main part of the trailer other than what I described. Anybody have any thoughts or theories???? Thanks.
Patrick Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Dave & SUe

My thought would be to foam up any hole I could find.Mice,if they can get their nose through,they are in.Dave
Dave & SUe is offline   Reply With Quote