Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
mtman

yamaha parallel cables

i'm a newby, and i am looking at buying two 2000 watt yamaha generators to connect together. my question is why are there two cables available ? one is about 100 bucks and the other is about 200 bucks. i know most people have the $200 cables, but what is the difference?don't want to buy $88 cables and find out they don't work. anyone?
mtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
W.E.BGood

From what I can tell searching the specs, the less-expensive ones fit ONLY the Yamaha EF2000is, while the more expensive set will work with the EF2400's as well as the EF2000's.
FYI, I bought the combo set from Wisesales.com and never used the second generator and the parallel cable to run my A/C, so I sold one of the genny's.
W.E.BGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
mtman

looked at the yamaha brochure, they are both listed only for the ef2000is. i know the 2400's are parallelable, but doesn't show these cables being used. i had asked the yamaha dealer, and he didn't know about them, just said everone uses the spendy ones. i guess i'll have to do some more checking. thanks.
mtman is offline   Reply With Quote