Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
davidjsimons

Anderson "No Sway" hitch

Does anybody have any experience with the Andersen "No Sway"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
f6bits

Do a search here for "Anderson Hitch." I remember this coming up before and several people with some experience and links to other reviews/opinions.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
fla-gypsy

Very interested in hearing real world reviews on this new type integrated sway conntrol hitch
Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
LeeMedic

I use a Hensley! It never sways, and I pull a 35 foot RV with an SUV.
http://hensleymfg.com

They even finance the hitch with Zero interest and 12 months to pay.

2013 Keystone Montana 3582RL 38'
2006 Ford F350 Dually, 8' bed, Diesel 6.0
Curt 20K Hitch
Retired U.S. Army
LeeMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
LaserRob

The Andersen hitch is a friction-type sway reduction hitch. It has a friction (brake pad-like) material that the hitch ball rests in/on. When the trailer turns relative to the tow vehicle, there is friction within the hitch.

This is not like the Hensley or ProPride hitches that reduce sway by shifting the pivot point forwards.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
Greysquirrel

I bought an Anderson when I got my new Premier 19FB and had to tow it from Concord NC to Hendersonville NC. We had to travel I-85 through the Charlotte area where it five lanes, we keep to the second right lane to avoid cars getting on and off, we were passed by a number of large trucks and at one point I noticed two trucks coming up on us, one on each side, I gripped the wheel waiting for what might come and nothing happened, never felt a thing. Then on Rt. 74 on a straight strip of road with no traffic I let go of the wheel and we went straight and true, and when we got to the Saluda Grade which is 6-8 % we were passed by a number of trucks and had the same results, not a bit of sway. Now this was an unloaded TT weighing only around 4200 lbs. being towed by an old MB ML 320 which is pretty heavy having a BOF not a unibody like the new ones.
All in all I was happy with its performance but have not had any experience with any other WDS never needed one on the small camper I had before.
Greysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
eartha

Smile Anderson

I have used one for a while. Am having a little trouble loading the front axle on TV. Still working with Anderson. I love the hitch.
Happy Trails
eartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:29 AM   #8
Clanton24v

Love the Andersen hitch. The design also makes it so you can turn sharper than with the typical spring bar style hitch. I had the basic eaz-lift hitch before.
Clanton24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
CHIEF MK

I got one when I got my new Passport as per the service managers recommendation. Toal newb here, but the other wd was cheaper, and it looked it. The Anderson looked heavy duty, and the concept was cool. What do I know about WD/sway hitches? 0. I figured I might be getting ripped off, but didn't know any better, and for the first time in a long time I went with a stearlerships word.

Guess what? It works awesome. I can't compare it anything because I've never had one before, but we have been in every extreme condition that could be a problem, and I barely know the Trailer is back there. I love it.

Oh and Triple A RV in Medford,Or. are good people. They knew as I did what my truck could tow, and never once tried to get me into something that was to big. Gave me a 15% discount on goodies, and were very truthful about the whole thing.

We never felt pressured into anything. It was actually a pleasant experiance.
CHIEF MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
Dave & SUe

We have one too.I like it a lot.Pulling a 2008 Outback 26RBS with a 2013 Ram 1500 Hemi quad cab.Pulls great and only raised the front 1/2".It does squat the rear,but maintains a level stance.We get a little sway on the rear of the TT,but nothing that gets spooky.No worries for us with the hitch at all.
Dave & SUe is offline   Reply With Quote