Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
zuley

Water transfer pump

I do not recall if this has ever been disccused before but I managed to come uith something that made my life a whole bunch easier. We seldom camp at sites with hookups so that generally means hauling water to the camper in a 20 litre pail and filling the tanks every two or thee days. My wife is getting older and certainly not able to carry the water... Sorry could not resist. I digress. I'm getting older and it seems water is heavier these days than it used to be. The water inlet on our new camper is probably a foot higher than it was on our previous pup. One person holding the funel and one person pouring the water was getting to be a bit of a struggle. I had a 12 volt Sure Flow pump kicking around in the basement. Took an old group 27 battery box and mounted the pump on a piece of plywood inside the box and drilled holes into the box inline with the water inlet and outlet on the pump. Trip to the Home Depot Boutique and picked up a couple of pipe nipples, hose couplers, and a switch. I installed a couple of four inch pieces of hose with couplers on the ends mounted through the holes in the battery box to the pump. Picked up a garden tractor battery that filled the rest of the space inside the battery box and ran power to the pump with the switch mounted to the outside of the box. When we got to the site I screwed hose extenions to the couplers. Suction end of the hose into the 20 litre pail of water and the dicharge end into the water fill on the camper. Flicked the switch and sat back while the pump did the work for me. Worked like a charm and was all contained within the battery box. Unfortunately no pictures.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Sparky

I have a friend that did the same thing with a hand cranking bilge pump. He can empty a 5 gal water tote in about 5 min. Maybe he will upgrade to a 12v bilge pump now!
Pull Rite Hitch
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
cjm

We spend most of our time as well without services. Campingworld sells a 45 gallon bladder to refill trailers. We have one and love it. It goes on the cap of the truck or bed, fills up and gravity feeds into the tank. Makes for a very easy fill up.
cjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Yak

I don't own one but saw this a while ago

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Garden/p...280,54307&ap=1