Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
bandd

Hello, first time RVer in WA

Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to purchase a bunkhouse RV for the family. I've looked at just about everything and have narrowed it down to 3 categories.

1. New and exactly what we want - this is a toss up between the Keystone Cougar 31SQBWE and a Primetime Tracer 3150. Can get both for about $29.5K locally.

2. Late model, almost what we want - Too many models in this category but trying to stay around $15K if we buy here. For that price I want to get as much of what the Tracer or Cougar offers for the least money (any recommendations?)

3. Bare bones, older but in very good condition - Very close to pulling the trigger on a Keystone Bobcat 280 Outback Edition for $8K. We know going into it that it's not for the long haul but at this price point, it lets us test the water with minimal risk.

I would really appreciate any thoughts/comments/advice anyone might have.

Thanks!
bandd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
TandE

I actually wanted the cougar 31sqbwe because I love the layout. Then I found the hideout 31rbds which is basically the same floor plan but has a bigger outside kitchen with a sink that drains to the tanks. But only has two bunks an the sofa thing. Then I thought well its just me and the DW we don't need that big of a trailer yet so that will have to wait. Me personally I would go with the hideout but some don't like the aluminum siding and would rather have the filon. But for pretty much the same thing minus the siding, the polar package ( the hideout says heated and enclosed underbelly though) and the 1/2 ton towable package they are almost the same but about 4,000 difference in price.

Sorry if I'm rambling and didn't help at all I personally would buy new just for the warranty for things that are not so easy to fix and or may cost a lot to repair. But that's me.
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
TAZ23

Picking out a travel trailer for the first time is not easy. It can be over whelming with so many choices. It sounds like you have done you homework and shopped around quite a bit. I would suggest you spend some time in each unit you are considering and "pretend camp". See how they fit you and make a list of what you like and dislike about each one. In the end it comes down to personal preferance. What suits me may not be the best for you. Good luck with what ever you decide on and enjoy it. Oh yeah, to the forum.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
TheBeans

Close to home!

Well Bandd...imagine my surprise to see someone else from Bonney Lake here! We have a smaller rig (see signature below) but love it for it's ease-of-go and less 'stuff' that I have to pack/unpack for just us two. Hope to see you around the campfire!