Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
C130

Winegard Carryout Satellite & Fuzion 322

Just bought a Winegard Carryout today and we are going camping over spring break. I have a 2011 Fuzion 322 Touring Edition and would like to know exactly what I need to do to get the satellite hooked up the the toy hauler. I've read and searched here and other forums and still not 100% clear. I have a Direct TV HR24 receiver and the toy hauler has satellite hookups but from what I've read it's really designed for cable. I've also read where it has worked for some people and some have to go to the front bedroom and do some stuff there where the antenna booster switch is. Any easy, straight forward instruction son exactly what works. I prefer to not have to run the cable through the windows or doors if I don't have to.
C130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
larrygranny1

I don't mess with any of that. I just run my cable from the "carryout " thru the crack in my sideout and have instant reception.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
MBaustian

Satelite for Fuion

A couple of years ago I bought a carryout for my 2009 Fuzion 302. All I did was connect the coax from the dish to the cable connector on the outside of the trailer on the left side. For the 12 power for the satellite dish, I wired a 12 volt cigarette lighter receptacle that I bought at an auto parts store and connected it to the battery. I run the 12 volt cable up from the dish through the bottom of the battery compartment and plug it into the cigarette lighter receptacle that I installed.

Behind the TV there is two coax jacks, one for antenna and one for cable. Connect the cable jack to your satellite receiver on the satellite connector. You can also connect another cable from the antenna connection on the wall to the antenna connection on the satellite box to view antenna TV.

Works for me......but it will only work on that TV, not the one in the bedroom or garage since the only jacks in those locations in a 302 are antenna jacks.
MBaustian is offline   Reply With Quote