Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

Questions about Directv with two receivers

We just bought a 248RKS and are very pleased with it. We have the standard antenna/tv set up over the dinette and have a plug and outlet in the bedroom. There must be a "y" connector to split the antenna. Anybody know where it's located and if it's accessible? We're thinking of using two of our Directv receivers and would have to split the incoming line from the dish. Many thanks...
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
therink

I have directv with 2 receivers in my fiver. You can't split the signal cable from the dish to two different receivers. You will need to run two cables from the dish, one to each receiver. There are mods you can do to use the existing coax in the rv but must not have in line splitters. Barrelled connectors are OK to use to modify the interior cables. If you unscrew and pull out your ota antenna amp from the wall, you might find a factory installed splutter there that makes connections to the various coax outlets. I made it so both cables from my dish end up there then made the corresponding connections (with barrel connectors to the cables that ran to the TV locations where my receivers are. If you want greater detail, shoot me a pm.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Pappydude

There are a ton of other answers to your question in the forums - some quite similar - some not.......but all are interesting. You might find one you like there as well. FYI
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
Roller4Tan

I have DirecTv in my 5er. I have a receiver in the LR and a receiver in the BR. Both connect to the cable port from the outside. I had to remove the stock splitter and add a splitter rated for satelitte signal pass thru. I also had to rewire the connections to the antenna amplifier. I can watch different channels on either tv using the dish,watch cable if available on either tv or over the air. It can be done. There is a hand written schematic under my name somewhere on this forum.
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller4Tan View Post
I have DirecTv in my 5er. I have a receiver in the LR and a receiver in the BR. Both connect to the cable port from the outside. I had to remove the stock splitter and add a splitter rated for satelitte signal pass thru. I also had to rewire the connections to the antenna amplifier. I can watch different channels on either tv using the dish,watch cable if available on either tv or over the air. It can be done. There is a hand written schematic under my name somewhere on this forum.
That's what I needed. Also therink was kind enough to offer some great advice as well.
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote