Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #21
markcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
What's more important than the color of the cable is whether or not it's connected at each end. There is no difference in the color of the cable other than the color. If the cable at tv1 (living room) is purple then the purple cable in the KeyTV box should connect to tv1.

....that’s my main point: I have NO purple cable at the KeyTV module so I believe that’s the reason I won’t get service at the primary TV. Looking for corroboration or other suggestions. I have a pic of the module in earlier post
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 12:49 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
....that’s my main point: I have NO purple cable at the KeyTV module so I believe that’s the reason I won’t get service at the primary TV. Looking for corroboration or other suggestions. I have a pic of the module in earlier post
In your previous photo, the "purple coax" is connected to the KEYTV FM connector. It could then be connected to the "FM Splitter connection" on the TV/AUDIO fitting behind the TV... Also in your photo, a gray coax is connected to TV1. Is there a "gray coax" anywhere at any of your TV connection boxes (behind each TV location" ????

It sounds like there "should be two coax connectors" at the TV1 "set location box" and a splitter to break off the purple coax input, routing that signal to the FM receiver in your stereo and the gray coax also connected to that "set connector" with the signal routed to the TV hanging on the wall.....

Possibly, the gray coax was never connected or vibrated off the connector and fell "down into the wall cavity" ??????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 02:21 PM   #23
markcee

Problem Solved (I think)

So we pulled off the faceplate on the radio/dvd combo and removed the unit from it's mount. Plugged into the back of the radio/dvd was the tan cable that is plugged into the 'TV2' port on the KeyTV module. As the radio/DVD sits a couple of feet under the primary TV, I was able to fish a wire between the two cable entry holes, tie on the coax from each and swap their positions. I now have a link from the primary TV back to the KeyTV module (tan cable/TV2).

Although this park has no cable service, we did re-run the air scan and now have about 35 OTA channels vs. the 1 we found when we got here. I'm confident this was the issue.

Thank you to everyone for the help!
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote