Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #21
JRTJH
Site Team

Larry, your Jensen should have a menu item for display brightness. There are 4 settings, Off, low med bright. If you cant find out how to adjust it, give me the model number and I'll walk you through it. Simple button pushing, nothing complicated. Certainly simpler than adding a toggle switch to that spider's nest.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #22
LarryL

Thanks RTJH trailer at storage now,the DW wants to see the stairs I
remodeled from 1 step to 2 steps so I will be going there tomorrow
so she can try out the stairs big different from 10 1/2'' step to 7''step.
I will get the manual the model number at that time.
Thanks again for the help.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Larry, No problem. If you're going today, this is the procedure for the 970 stereo. Try it, it may be the same for whatever you have, and if it doesn't work, then get the model and I'll get more specific info for you.

Try this:

Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)
The liquid crystal display (LCD) panel (4) displays the frequency, time and activated functions.
To adjust the brightness of the LCD, press and hold the VOL control to access the user menu.
Press the VOL control to step through the menu options. Rotate the VOL control to adjust the
LCD brightness from “LIGHT 1” (brightest) to “LIGHT 3” (least bright).
NOTE: When subjected to cold temperatures for an extended period of time, LCD panels
will take longer to illuminate and the display visibility may slightly decrease. Optimal
LCD operation will return to normal when the temperature increases to a normal range.

Good luck,

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #24
LarryL

Well JRTJH I went to trailer checked it out and you can only dim light
maybe just have to put black tape over It like we use to do with the time and
date blinking light on the old VCR's.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:53 AM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Larry,

That stinks On mine, I can completely cut the backlight off. Of course when I do, I can't see any of the display information, so we usually keep it on the dim setting. If that seems too bright for you, maybe you can find some of the old windshield tint we used to put on the top of the windshield. It was pretty thick, would be durable and easy to peel off or reinstall, and you should be able to see through it well enough to see what station you're on without having to peel it off like you would with black tape.

Hope you can get it resolved, there's got to be a better way than hanging a towel or taping over the display so it can't be used...

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 05-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #26
Branky

Hello,
I have the same radio in my 2012 297RKS. I have been fighting the lousy reasio reception (antenna problem) but I have some information that may help you.
On most newer radios they have two (2) power connections.
One is used to power the internal radio systems and is supposed to powered full time to store presets etc..
The second one is "Switched", this is used to power the display and "Turn on the radio" when the ignition is turned on.
On my unit they are both wired together to 12v.
If you disconnect the 12V "switched" wire, and put a SPST switch on it you can turn off the display.

This will add one extra step to use the radio. You have to turn on the "Switched" line and that will allow the radio on/off button to power on the radio. So you can leave the Switch in the on position it will work as you are used to, turn off the switch and the display will blank. Just like you car radio does.

Hope this helps
...Brent...
Victoria, BC, Canada
Proudly Rving since 1978
Branky is offline   Reply With Quote