Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #1
louielouieohoh

Reese Puck Rails to PullRite Super Glide

Anyone out there experience a lot of slop (~1/16") between the Reese Universal Puck Rails (Model 30156) and a PullRite Super Glide?

Mine has had slop since the day I drove it off the lot (2 years ago). I called attention to it during the "drive off inspection" and the mechanic said' "That's just the way they are designed" . I heard too much noise about "you're breaking to hard", "your trailer brakes aren't adjusted", yada yada, yada. I personaly feel that's a lame excuse for poor design.

The holes drilled through both the Super Glide and the Reese Rails are about 9/16". The pins are 1/2". I was told that was necessary because there are differences in manufacturing for each company and this allows the "Universal" aspect.

I see yet another company selling shim pads (Curt) to take some of that slop away. I also saw another person saying they used inner tube material. I took the attitude of ... OK, I'll make my own:

I found belting material around .080 thick at a local supply store. Cut out the belting in 3x3 squares and cut rectangles in them to match the shape of the pins in the Super Glide. When putting back together, I had to hammer the pins into place making the two systems tight together. Heck, I don't take the darn thing out that often!

Total cost $4.13 and a little sweat (92 degrees today).

Can't wait to try this out.

Louie and Evelyn
2016 Ford SuperDuty 6.7L-D
2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS Polar pkg.
louielouieohoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:14 PM   #2
louielouieohoh

Some details for those who are interested.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

We had a Reese adapter plate on our 2013 F250. The slots were so tight I had to use a crow bar to get the hitch out of the adapter. I finally started taking the hitch/adapter out as a unit. Bulky, heavy and awkward to unlock the adapter/bed locks, but even that was easier than trying to get the hitch off of the adapter... Every time I had a chance, I'd let Reese know how I felt...

Maybe they over-reacted ??? Nah, chances are they trashed every one of my "suggestions"....

Looks like you've got a work-around for your situation. Keep us posted on how it works out....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #4
louielouieohoh

Will do ... and yes, I couldn't hardly tilt the hitch off the adaptor its so darn heavy! Just walked in and told the DW that I couldn't wait until the next ride ... she said, "What!, you're not gonna go hitch up right now!" Gotta Love her.

and after I got that slop out, now I see a tad bit in the puck system. Me thinks I need the special wrench ...

Louie and Evelyn
2016 Ford SuperDuty 6.7L-D
2017 Keystone Cougar 326RDS Polar pkg.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:16 AM   #5
louielouieohoh

It worked

Took the RV out this weekend ... big clunking gone!
What a relief!