Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2018, 03:52 PM   #41
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Vern, great news. Glad to hear your kinder gentler diagnosis. One day the microbes will win, just not today.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:56 PM   #42
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
I'm glad you're feeling better!

ctbruce wrote:
Quote:
Vern, great news. Glad to hear your kinder gentler diagnosis. One day the microbes will win, just not today.
Thank you both.... I appreciate that!
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #43
xrated

UPDATE: OK, I'm not really believing this is happening. So I am feeling pretty much back to normal, and Peggy and I went to N.C. this past weekend for our 4th Annual FZ09 Motorcycle rally around the Mt. Mitchell. As you may remember, Peg has had several tick bites and was tested the same time I went for my tests a week ago this past Wed. So Friday evening, we are getting ready for bed and she asks me to come over and take a look at a couple of spots on her legs....one on the leg leg and one on the right leg. OMG, she has TWO Bullseye rashes on those spots.....classic symptoms of the Lymes Disease bullseye rash. So tomorrow morning as soon as the Dr. office opens, she is going to try to get an appt to get in and have another blood test for Lymes (the one 10 days ago was negative), but now she has the rash....and she is starting to have some joint pain! I'm certainly not a Dr., but I am fearful that the blood tests are going to come back positive this time for Lymes. The Bullseye rash is not just a random occurrence, and given the fact she has had six bites total now, I'm not thinking this is anything but. I'll let y'all know once the blood work/testing comes back.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:01 AM   #44
Dave W

That sure isn't good news. I hope a couple weeks of pills bring it under control.

An aside, the lady who lived next door was just diagnosed with Lyme according to her son who now owns the house. She got 'nailed' by a tick while golfing.

I hope that somewhere there is some research on a way to eradicate this disease. There are way too many cases and quite frankly, I don't even like to go out walking off pavement now
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:58 AM   #45
SummitPond

Vern

Jeez! Here's to a quick dose of antibiotics and a rapid recovery for your DW.

There was a big front page article in yesterday's paper on Lyme. And yes, there is research and believe it or not there is a vaccine; unfortunately it is only approved for dogs (see "Rewriting the Code of Life", New Yorker Magazine, Michael Specter, 1/2/17). [I've linked the article.]

Good luck on the medical front.

Ken

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #46
Tbos

I hope Peg responds quickly to the meds and heals completely.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #47
xrated

Thanks Tom....talk about a sickly bunch!

Old 06-08-2018, 05:41 AM   #48
LuvsPalmTrees

SummitPond - we have our dog vaccinated for Lyme. She is always out in the yard or when we camp the brush and foliage along our campsite.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:11 AM   #49
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Vern, praying Peg heals completely. On another front, I'm staying the heck away from you two Tick-Magnets.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:22 AM   #50
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Vern, praying Peg heals completely. On another front, I'm staying the heck away from you two Tick-Magnets.
Thanks Chip! I knew that we both have "magnetic" personalities......but this is getting ridiculous!

Old 06-14-2018, 05:15 AM   #51
Overspray

Xrated - any update on your wife? I hope all is well/on it’s way to being well with her at this point!

This is my first run in with ticks:

Last summer my family (2 adults, 2yr daughter, newborn son, 2 labs) went down to KY and stayed in a large cabin in the woods with her family. There were a total of 9 adults, 6 children, and 4 dogs all staying in the same household. The dogs would run in the woods, and at one point my father in law went for a walk in the woods to find some kindling for our bonfire. Fast forward a couple hours and he’s sitting on the couch. My wife says “dad, what is crawling all over your legs?!”

There were hundreds, if not thousands of teeny tiny tick larvae all over him. Immediate shower and quarantine of clothes. These little guys were so tiny it was hard to see them anywhere. We turned the whole house upside down looking.

Anyways, the next morning we head out and travel back to MI. Get all settled in and unpacked. The morning after that I’m at work and I get a call from my wife. TICKS EVERYWHERE, THERES TICKS ALL OVER, COME HOME NOW!!!!

Leave work, get home and scour the floors (thank god for a small house, I went over every square inch 2-3 times) for these tiny engorged larvae. Turns out we brought about 120 home with us (dogs). My daughter had none, son had one but hadn’t bit yet, wife and I both had none.

We assume my father in law walked through a nest of some sort on his travels in the woods, probably the mutts too. Each family had brought some home, most had to fog their homes. But we all dodged a bullet due to larvae can’t carry Lyme and I learned a very valuable lesson on ticks and tick prevention.
Overspray is offline   Reply With Quote