Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2018, 08:26 AM   #1
lunge motorsport

EZ Connector trailer connector

I wanted to post an opinion about a very fine upgrade I found while searching for a better type of socket/pigtail trailer connector.
I have been towing for 30+ years and have through that time used several different types of connectors on various trucks and trailers. In each case the connectors were flat or round 7 pin to operate all the lights and brakes. Occasionally, on every connector, I would find that corrosion would inhibit electrical contact and some service had to happen before my journey.
During my research for my brake conversion I was searching for something better and came upon the EZ Connector heavy duty plug. The main attraction for me is the spring loaded brass contacts and the double o-ring seals to keep out dust and moisture. The connector is secured in place by a very strong rare earth magnet.
I called the company and left a message for Joe as I wanted to talk to tech about wire up sizing. Joe called back and was very accommodating and said he could custom make a connector with heavier gauge wire for the brake actuator.
So...My experience to date is very positive. I have had the connector through 1 season and am very pleased with the product. No more worries about corrosion and a healthier dose of wire gauge to the braking system which I consider most important.
For the record, as an former amateur boy racer I had a policy of never putting a sticker or name on my car if there was no help from the business or manufacturer toward my effort. I have no skin in the game in regard to this product. I purchased it and paid the asking price as I believed it to be a superior product. I still believe that to be true and would like to see this company prosper and grow.

Cheers