Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2017, 07:10 AM   #21
Bebo

On mine, there is no way it can be energized, after closing slides I have manually shut the hydronic valves, then disconnect battery....still creeps out an inch or 2.....only the front bedroom slide. Gonna do some further investigating soon and see what all my extended warranty covers....this is annoying....I guess solenoid could stick or leak....not a mechanic but am usually fairly handy.
Bebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:17 AM   #22
Bebo

Mine has never come out more than 2 inches, can't say I have noticed it in warm Temps, use to store it off site, did notice last winter slide had creeped a tiny bit. Now store it at home...it has creeper multiple times but again only an inch or 2. Thanks for reyin
Bebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:06 PM   #23
Five from the Desert

2013 Avalanche Bedroom Slide Creep

I have been battling the problem for two years now. I have yet to find or install a solution. The bedroom slider creeps two to four inches in storage, in tow, on bumpy roads and on smooth roads. I have resigned myself to pulling over and sucking in the slide as we travel and checking in periodically in storage to suck it in.
My guess is there is some O-ring bleed by and since this seems to be the smallest and lightest slide it wins the movement result competition.
I have tried shutting the valve and the pump manifold but it still creeps.
I have a theory about installing a second set of isolation valves on the bed frame, for each hose but I have not pulled the trigger on that concept yet.
Maybe someone smarter than me has found a simpler solution.
Anyone? Beuller? Beuller? Anyone?
Five from the Desert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:28 PM   #24
gearhead

How far is the valve from the solenoid? It may just be bleeding into the hose. Maybe a valve as close as possible to the solenoid??
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide