Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
TeamCyBo

New Outback 210RS

Hello everyone, we have just recently purchased an Outback 210RS. We are learning the "in's and out's" of the trailer and finding that we just love it. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for us. Any would be welcome. I'm sure there is lots to learn.

Thanks in advance, glad to be here.

Bo and Cyndie

Roy Rogers said it best, "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again".

https://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/.../thefamily.jpg
TeamCyBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
Outbackmel

Welcome

Practice hooking; unhooking; backing into tight spots. Know your weaknesses and practice until they become strengths. Know how your trailer brakes "fast" and if you have any sway on interstates at 60+ mph when those 18 wheelers suck up your air.

Everything mechanical that breaks and does not endanger you or your family or others on the roads traveled around you is secondary. Its only "stuff".

Lastly, Florida is a great place to camp. BUT, your state of Georgia has some absolutely beautiful areas as well. We keep our RV in Dahlonega and love to return to those mountains with breathtaking views.

Be safe and have fun. Life is short.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
chuck&gail

If it is similar to our 2010 230RS, here are a few things.

Shelf under bed makes GREAT place for bins full of paperback books. A thin bungee keeps them in place.

Nothing is under the "front" half of the couch. I threw the front dress board away, put a wood front on the half with the water pump & stuff, and have two plastic trays under the other half of the couch, again held in with light bungee. Looks great, and added lots of storage.

Watch the floor vents. All of mine collapsed. I didn't want the same vent covers again so I contacted Keystone. They let me buy some and send them the bill under warranty. Nice folks.

If there are just you two, you might like to throw the dinette away. We put a nice Lazyboy recliner with heat and vibrator there, we love it. We take turns using it. We eat on TV trays.

We didn't need the bed up front with just two of us, so we threw it away also. We LOVE the 8 feet of closet we put in its place. You didn't say if you needed bunks for kids.

Enjoy your new TT, we love ours.
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote