Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
Happy Camper

Hershey PA Campground Recommendations

Hello Fellow Keystone RV'rs, I asked you to provide some recommendations for the Boston area and received great feedback so thank you for that. We are stopping at the Hershey Park RV Resort in PA on the way to Boston for a layover and visit the Park and Chocolate Factory.

On the way back from Boston I would like to stop again in this area for a lay over and visit the AACA Museum. Based on the reviews the Hershey Park RV Park is tight and very much a family kid friendly resort so I assume noisy and crowded, and that should be fine for our 1st leg of our trip. On the way home the Park and Factory will not be in play and my boys are adults so all I want on the way home is a larger more peaceful lot in order to relax and get a good night sleep Saturday night before hitting the road back home on Sunday. I have looked at both the Thousand Oaks Hershey RV Camping Resort and the Elizabethtown Hershey KOA since both had good reviews online. Would like some recommendations on quieter less compact campgrounds in the area and again my fellow Keystone RV'rs recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:44 AM   #2
XLite28SGS

Smile

Hi Happy Camper;

We go to the Hershey/Lancaster area at least once every year. We stayed at the Hershey Park camp ground three years ago because we had Grandkids with us - never again.

Last two years at Elizabethtown KOA. Easy trip to Hershey. You go right by the AACA National Headquarters/Library on your way to the AACA Museum.
(I have been a member of the AACA since 1959).

Elizabethtown KOA is OK (I give it a 7 1/2 out of 10). Clean, some tight areas.

Good central campground for the Hershey/Lancaster area

Allan
2013 Chevrolet 2500HD EC DMax/Ally, 3.73 gear 4x4
XLite28SGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #3
skidooxman

The Hershey campground has become expensive, maybe because of the shuttle and location. My only issue there was the sites are uneven and the cost is crazy. We still go in April every year bc our group likes the playground sites for the kids. The KOA is very nice too and priced a lot better.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #4
Happy Camper

Thanks, Booked ETown KOA

Thanks Again for the recommendations. Booked E-Town KOA.
Happy Camper is offline   Reply With Quote