Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
Linedog

PDI went well.

Waking up from the first night in our 333MKS, yes it's in the driveway but I bet most of us have spent a night or 2 in our rv's while in the driveway. Back to the PDI, only real damage to be found was a scratch on the side that tore a bit of the sticker, a missing bedside shelf, a few missing throw pillows and a confusing auto leveling system. I checked tank dates as well as tire dates, all this year! Roof was all stuck down with no visable bubbles. Everything worked as it should so we hitched up and took off. We are towing it with a 2003 F350 longbed V10, mostly stop and go traffic on the way home but did clear enough at one point for me to realize I was hitting 60. I am beginning to see how much better a 5er tows and how much easier they are to hook up!!!
Linedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
TandE

Congrats glad everything went so well.

The auto level system I find really easy to operate but depending on what the dealer may have said they might have made it more confusing as they usually do not know much about it either.

Either way you'll get the hang of it and enjoy your new purchase!

Travis
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
Javi

Congrats, you'll love the Ground Level 3 when you get it figured out... it's pretty simple and the video instructions are fairly clear. I won't own another RV without the level system, that there is written in stone..
Old 08-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #4
TandE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Congrats, you'll love the Ground Level 3 when you get it figured out... it's pretty simple and the video instructions are fairly clear. I won't own another RV without the level system, that there is written in stone..

I agree. No more getting the rig into a spot then getting out of the truck checking how far off it is placing the appropriate blocks down. Getting back in the truck backing or pulling forward getting out place chocks down unhooking truck and then blocks under each stabilizer and running them down then the normal sewer power and water line hookups.

Now it's get out place chocks hit ground front jacks and while I wait for those to hit ground (only pull the landing legs down about 4-6 holes depending on terrain) I'm hooking up power and water then I hop In and pull the truck out and then hit auto level and while it's doing its thing I hook up the sewer and whatever else I didn't finish. I'm usually done now before it is completely level. I think before it took me between 15-45 min to setup and now in no more than 10 I'm practically done and haven't really broke a sweat. Before I would be soaked. It really is a great system.

Travis
TandE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:25 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Now guys....you need to stop this or I'm going to have to go get a 5ver with the auto leveling system. I love my power stabilizers, and the sweat it takes to get everything going....but the auto level sounds pretty good; although I might gain a few more unneeded pounds if I didn't spend that time sweating
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #6
R&KFerguson

Congrats, Linedog! We have only had our 333MKS for 2 1/2 months and LOVE everything about it. Be sure you take it out a few times in the 1st 90 days to discover any/all issues under the manufacture's warranty. I'm sure we will never own one without a leveling system, like the 333MKS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 Cougar 5th Wheel 333MKS
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD dually
R&KFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote