Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2015, 07:01 AM   #1
sptddog

LED Awning Light Replacement

I can't for the life of me find a LED strip with the adaptor that is currently used in the OEM configuration. Even the carefree replacement set adaptor doesn't appear to look like this one.

I see some similar but they don't have the clearly flat edge this one has. Here is the other end that is hard wired to the camper.

I bought some replacement strips from Amazon and one end is open wire and the other is a DC connector.

I'm thinking of cutting the DC connector off, and using the OEM connector off the burnt out lights. I assume I can use a wire stripper and butt connectors to connect the open end wires to the wires on the old connector. I'd just cut the DC connector off and solder that end (or use the plastic LED connectors/seals). My hope though is that one of you knows where to buy the plastic LED end connector already wired to this type of connector? Or LED light strips already wired with this connector that aren't a hundred bucks (carefree's) a strip. Not sure why replacing stuff is always so hard lol. I have to do both awning strips, they are both out.

I have a fusion 342 and the strip is on the awning roller. The wire comes out of a hole on the roller, and so I really need the same connector to attach it, or it won't fit back in that hole and would be exposed.

sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:35 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

When I bought my LED light strips from Amazon, there was a 2.1mm connector on one end of the strip and the other end of the strip has two 4" wires that are soldered to the electrical butt. If yours are configured the same way, is it possible that you can just unsolder those two wires, then solder your original connector to those spots on the LED strip and install it with the "other end" at the correct spot on your awning rail? That would prevent all the splicing, butt connectors and crimps.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote