Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #21
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgpilot View Post
He said the 3000IS was working properly, that they only put out about 25 amps. I HAD put the fridge and the water heater on gas, shut off the a/c and several other breakers but that did not help.

had I thought to bring my old 30 amp cord, I could have used it for an extension cord from my truck to the rear of my rig to hook up with my 50 amp cord.

Tonight, I may get a chance to try the new 5000IS out, it's suppose to put out about 40 amps I think.
The Honda3000i will put out about 24A which should be sufficient to operate many of the items in your RV. You won't be able to use them "all at once" but with discriminate use, you should be able to have them working for you. If you were to leave your HW tank on gas, that frees up a lot of watts/amps for use elsewhere.

I have a 3500W and I am able to run the A/C on its own if necessary. If I shut down the A/C, I can use the microwave and some other appliance such as a toaster or heater. It's just a matter of juggling the items around so that you can utilize them.

I'm not sure why you had to turn off so many items and after doing so "that did not help" - especially with the A/C off , the HW heater and fridge on gas, that it "didn't help".

Since you have now upgraded to a 5000W, it really doesn't matter now about what you could or could not do with the 3000W.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:33 PM   #22
tgpilot

Thanks for the input guys. I don't know why the 3000IS would not work. I am in a real nice RV park here in Moab for a few days, so still won't get to try the new 5000IS out, but it should handle it all now.
tgpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 12:47 AM   #23
kimbashaw

I own two of the Yamaha 2000 is generators that I gang together. I haven't owned them very long but I know it will operate at least one of my 15000 Btu A/C's and the microwave at the same time. I did it this way because they are much easier to handle at 44 Lbs each
Old 07-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #24
tgpilot

When I upgraded my new 3000IS to the 5000IS I was aware of the two, two thousand units. I just didn't want to go that way.

I just got home last night and Saturday night as I spent the night in a Pilot parking lot I fired up the new 5000IS and it ran all night running my A/C, microwave and TV plus other things all at one with no problem.

Just went over to the neighbors, and his son has a almost new Honda IS6500 that I could have bought for $2,000. It's a lot louder than my 5000IS, but, for the money it could have worked.
tgpilot is offline   Reply With Quote