Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #1
spittman

Sprinter 316bik, awning and black tank sensors don't work.

Bought the new camper in February. It was so cold and snowy, never got a chance to really try things out. Couldn't even de-winterize it before heading out on our first trip to Alabama. Tried to extend the electric Solera awning and nothing happened. No sound, nothing. Then noticed that the black tank sensors are still showing empty after 3 days use. Everything else has been great though and I am confident my dealership will take care of these issues.
spittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
spittman

black tank sensors are fine

Turns out the black tank sensors are fine. Just a significantly bigger tank than my old camper.

Awning is definitely not working and I just posted a new tbread on my hot water tank leaking.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

I would not get to excited over those tank level indicator lights, they will definitely drive you crazy over time. Not really reliable As far as the awning have you checked the 12V fuses in the power distribution Panel? The red LEDs next to the fuses should all be out. A lite LED signifies that the associated fuse is blown.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:29 AM   #4
GaryWT

Hopefully the awning is just a fuse issue, that will be easy. Water heater, where is the leak. Check the hoses/ clips to be sure all are tight, check the plug/drain to be sure it is tight and that they used tape when they put it in. If it is the pressure relief, let some water drain out to clean it out to see if it works. Mine leaks from time to time especially if I have both electric and gas on.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #5
spittman

The awning is definitely not a fuse. I swapped the fuse with one I knew was working. I do think it's possibly a wiring issue. As for the water heater, it appears to be the tank itself. All the connections are fine but when I fill up the tank water starts building up quickly under the tank. I emptied the tank and turned on the bypass and the water stopped coming. My guess is a bad weld in the tank. Already called the dealer, I dont expect any problems, they have treated me pretty well with my old camper.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:11 PM   #6
GaryWT

Tough luck, hopefully the dealer can take care of everything quickly.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote