Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2015, 09:01 AM   #21
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalhd View Post
It seems tha valve for the galley holding tank is not working properly. There was water in the tube when I got to our spot and poured out when I released the cap.
I took the temporary, easy way out, fix and just attached a twist on valve where the cap attaches then attached a grey water dumping cap over that. Its worked great for 2 years and will do a permanent fix whenever I have to drop the underbelly.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:13 PM   #22
socalhd

This weekend we took it out for 4 full days of Dry Camping in the desert, really put it thru the tests. 90 degrees during the day so we got to really work the ACs. My appointment with the dealer is Friday and we didn't find much more to add to the list. I did find the toilet takes some time to clean and the back flush does not seem to get a lot of pressure. The Galley tank is also slow to drain.
I will need to rig in a second battery or maybe a Solar charging system.
The fuel tank for the Generator seems to have an issue when filling. The pump handle clicked off while fueling and I thought it was full. I did not check the gauge but when I got to our spot it was only reading 3/4 full.
We Love the coach and really don't want to part with it, while the warranty work is being done

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
socalhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #23
socalhd

Well we just dropped it off at the Dealer this afternoon. Did not get that warm and fuzzy feeling I expected. The Service Advisor did not seem to have all the info I expected him to have and started asking questions about issues he should have already known about. I gave him a detailed list of all issues and walked him thru each one.
Fingers crossed. He would not commit to a timeline but I said 2 weeks should be ample time.

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 02-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #24
C130

The sad part is you should not have any issues at all. I know all the RV's seem to have their issues but there really is no excuse and it shouldn't be a "norm" to have issues on such an expensive item. There's really nothing complicated at all about these trailers and it all boils down to crappy craftsmanship. I think people just don't give a crap about their job and quality control seems to be non existent. Good luck and hope they fix everything quickly.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

socalhd,

Is this the 342 that had the theft damage your dealer was supposed to repair? If so, how much of your list of problems are associated with his work vs the factory problems?

You will probably be disappointed if you're expecting a turn time of 2 weeks and there are issues that Keystone has to supply parts to repair the RV. They are seldom able to (or will) send parts that quickly. If it's a "standard stock" item, possibly the dealer will get it that soon, but many of the parts Keystone will have to order from their supplier, so that adds even more time to your wait.

So far, you haven't indicated what the problems are, so there's not a lot anyone can do to explain to you or give you ideas abot since the list hasn't been shared.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #26
socalhd

Trailer issues:

- Decal on Left side tearing
- Graphics Decal front cap above light rolled up
- Right side Graphics cut
- Charger and instructions for Unit remote missing
- Owners Manual for Generator missing
- Lippert Level up Manual missing
- Hydraulic system is leaking at reservoir
- Landing gear popping with all gear down and level
- Why has return to tow mode been disabled on Level Up
- House door comes open in transit
- Drawer under Fridge doesn't stay latched/slides open in transit.
- Garage to house door opens in transit
- Keys to ramp door latches Missing
- Owners manual for Generator
- Plastic piping awning number 2 is coming out of groove
- Front door screen pulling out and cut in metal frame
- Rear door, plastic cover piece gets stuck (screen door)
- Flush valve for Galley tank does not close properly. Feels like resistance against it and it springs back
- ? What is DSI Fault on Panel??
- Stove top grill missing 1 rubber grommet
- Nail or Staple hole on interior molding by front door.
- Heat strip on rear AC does not appear to be working

Most of the issues such as the garage door to house and decals were discovered at PDI and supposedly ordered then. The door jam will have to be replaced and they said parts were in when we made the appointment to bring it in. As you can see the issues are what I would classify as minor.
None of the issues had anything to do with the theft

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 03-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #27
socalhd

Well here we go. The rig had been at the Dealer for 2 weeks and we haven't heard a Peep from them. We have been calling for 2 days and either get Voicemails with No return call or a "I will check on it and call you back" with no return call.
I was a Service Advisor for a Harley Dealer and I always tried hard to keep my Customers Updated. That is just good customer service

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 03-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #28
gtsum2

That's not good to hear. Hopefully they get back in contact with you soon. Unfortunately these stories seem to be all too common
Old 03-12-2015, 02:48 AM   #29
sbaker

This is crazy. My FZ 342 is my 3rd camper. (Outback 23RS to FZ 300 to 342) All purchased from Holman RV in Batavia, OH. 8.5 hr drive one way from my home. None of the campers have had anywhere near the problems that I have seen in these forums. I have had 342 for over a year and I have zero complaints. Was I lucky or is my dealer more thorough in their PDI?
FYI, check to make sure heat strip is connected inside of unit. (Seems this is pretty common)
B and W Companion Manual Slider Hitch
sbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:32 AM   #30
raineman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaker View Post
This is crazy. My FZ 342 is my 3rd camper. (Outback 23RS to FZ 300 to 342) All purchased from Holman RV in Batavia, OH. 8.5 hr drive one way from my home. None of the campers have had anywhere near the problems that I have seen in these forums. I have had 342 for over a year and I have zero complaints. Was I lucky or is my dealer more thorough in their PDI?
FYI, check to make sure heat strip is connected inside of unit. (Seems this is pretty common)
It is all dealer. I am dealing with something similar with my brand new unit, though not as bad as the OPs dealer. I instantly went to management after an absolutely crappy delivery. So far they have listened and seem to be interested in making things right. Even offering a major upgrade for free for their failures. The lesson I learned with my purchase is not to trust the dealer to do half of the things on the PDI unless asked by the buyer. Like everything else these days, it is up to us to be diligent, because those that should simply don't care to.

Also, I believe the response a dealer provides depends on how the buyer approaches the problem/issues. I made sure to stay calm and reasonable (very hard for me lol) yet very firm when I presented my case to management. So far that seems to be working. I am getting calls on status of ordered parts and told as soon as all parts are in, my unit is priority. And the free upgrade has arrived and ready. 10 fold better treatment than we were given at delivery.
raineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #31
socalhd

Hey guys I duplicated my rant in another section and got advised by Mods to take it easy. You can read up on this in another section of this Forum. I will tell you here this is Not an issue with Keystone and I am moving forward with the Manager now. He is providing me with Constant updates and the appropriate claims have been sent to Keystone for review.
I am excited to get my rig back and enjoy using it. In the mean time I am doing some things to my truck Ford 6.0 to make it last. Turning a negative into a positive so to speak

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 03-22-2015, 07:02 PM   #32
socalhd

Friday marked 4 weeks since I dropped the rig off at the Dealer. Service Manager has been very good with updates and parts are supposed to begin arriving Friday last.
Sure would like to get it back and hopefully they will follow thru with promises.
That 2 week delay by an incompetent Service Writer really sucks

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 03-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #33
chuckster57
Site Team

I feel your pain, but at least it's going in a positive direction at this point.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:25 PM   #34
socalhd

She is back home after 6 weeks in the shop. Went and got her this afternoon and it was like taking delivery all over again. Except this time better.

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited
Old 04-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #35
chuckster57
Site Team

Good to hear. All good?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #36
socalhd

Waiting for Mods to open my other thread and I will give full report there. Mods were very sensitive to that thread. All good? Not yet but getting there.

2007 F350 Dually
2014 Fuzion FZ342
2015 Harley CVO Limited