Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2011, 05:06 AM   #1
reubenray

New Member from SE Louisiana

I am the early planing stages of preparing to get either a fifth wheel or travel trailer for when I retire. I have a new 2011 Toyota Tundra DC with the SR5 towing package. I know this is a 1/2 ton truck, but I have been seeing where some fifth wheel trailers and travel trailers can be towed with this.

From what I have found out so for I need to keep the GVWR (?) of the trailer to around 8,000 pounds for the fifth wheel. I have not figured out what weight travel trailer yet.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I am the early planing stages of preparing to get either a fifth wheel or travel trailer for when I retire. I have a new 2011 Toyota Tundra DC with the SR5 towing package. I know this is a 1/2 ton truck, but I have been seeing where some fifth wheel trailers and travel trailers can be towed with this.

From what I have found out so for I need to keep the GVWR (?) of the trailer to around 8,000 pounds for the fifth wheel. I have not figured out what weight travel trailer yet.
Welcome. From what I have seen the Tundra has slightly less towing abilities than domestic trucks. That might have changed with the 2011 not sure. Never seen a tundra with a 5th wheel, but I have seen at an RV show tundras with campers and trailers. Company called lance, there are probably others that design specifically for tundra weight and tow.. Link is below, good luck with your search and retirement.

http://www.lancecamper.com/travel-trailers/

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

Flyguy has an "08 Tundra and is now pulling a 2005 Springdale (about 25-26 ft) and, after his initial trip to bring it home, seems very satisified with the way it handles. You might want to send him a PM and ask for more detailed and specific comments.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
reubenray

There are several of the Springdales that may work. All we will need is one bed and hopefully we can get one with the two chair option instead of the couch.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote