Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
gbsb

Tailgater Satallite Receiver

I know has probably already been discussed and I did a search . I am wanting satallite tv and we are having trouble getting service because we fulltime and travel. What do any of you do for satallite while traveling and do not have a stationary home ? Has any one tried the Taigater receiver ? Would remove the task of trying to focus on satallite Thanks for any Help.
Living the dream fulltiming across America
gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Jim W

I cannot answer the first part of your question since we do have a home account with DISH Network.
I do use the Tailgater from Dish and it does set up easy and works great. My only issue is sometimes it will not work when there is no clear line of sight to the southern sky. I have had a couple of issues when the Dish Tailgater would not receive any satellite signal because of trees and I could not relocate the receiver to a clear section of sky.
My advice is to stay out of heavily wooded camp grounds if you want to use a Satellite receiver.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
jerry

tailgator

Works great, easy set up and only takes few minutes for it find sat.
It gives you HD channels.
I would recommend talking with an Independent Dish Dealer, they should be able to give you the information needed for easy setup. If you have dish net you may be able to get free reciever update, that is compatable with the tailgator
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
camper 2010

Dish has a program where you can have an account in your RV and just pay for the time you use it. They do not charge to turn your service on and off. The price is about the same as a home account.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote