Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
mpd2001

Axles on 2009 raptor 300mp

Me and the misses picked up our 09 raptor. Looks great and cant wait to use it. We plan on a trip to Texas in three weeks. Since we got the trailer used I want to pull the wheels and check the brakes and pack the bearings. Does anyone know who makes the axles so I can order the seals and I would like to know what I have incase I need brake parts, Thanks
mpd2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd2001 View Post
Me and the misses picked up our 09 raptor. Looks great and cant wait to use it. We plan on a trip to Texas in three weeks. Since we got the trailer used I want to pull the wheels and check the brakes and pack the bearings. Does anyone know who makes the axles so I can order the seals and I would like to know what I have incase I need brake parts, Thanks
Hard to know long distance. They could be Dexters, Lipperts, or Al-Ko's.

If the build sheet is still with the trailer among the manuals and such, it should tell what manufacturer and model axles you have. Otherwise, you will have to inspect them to be sure. The manufacturer and model should be on the axles somewhere.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
rjsurfer

While your at it tighten up the spring shackles they are prone to loosen up causing the axles to shift when driving.

Ask me how I know...

Ron W.
rjsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
KenBob

Dexter axles are marked in the center of the axle on the side facing the rear. Crawling under the RV is needed, but you can inspect everything else while there. Look at the suspension equalizers as well (the triangle between the axles) there may be a mfr mark. Our 360 has Dexter axles with Dexter equalizers which are marked.
KenBob is offline   Reply With Quote