Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2021, 08:46 AM   #1
pikespeakviewer

F150 climate control fan stuck on one speed

I've asked on a Ford Forum, but they are much slower at responding...

2013 F150 3.7 EcoBoost

My heating/air conditioner fan is stuck on one speed, and when I turn off the fan it goes into high mode.

I've checked the pin connectors and the power and ground provide good voltage. When I test the speed control and ground, the voltage gets lower the higher the fan speed, which I think is the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

I've changed the blower motor resistor, but no change in the fan. Where do I check next? The blower motor?
Old 06-19-2021, 11:55 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Depending on the price and how long it would take, I might change it to rule it out. But it sure seems odd that lower voltage would cause higher RPMs.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:01 PM   #3
8upbowhunter

Maybe the blower motor speed controller.

Old 06-19-2021, 12:34 PM   #4
pikespeakviewer

Thanks everyone. That was one of the videos I watched to figure out how to change the speed controller.

I ended up unplugging the blower motor itself and tested the pins going to it. They were all fine. I plugged everything back in, said a few choice words and headed to get groceries.

When I got 1/2 way to the store I realized how hot it was and that my fan was off. Thinking the worse, I held my breath and turned the climate control on, and to my surprise, it worked as expected! All my fan speeds are there and the original parts are back in. I was able to return the replacement part (thankfully the guy at the parts counter was proud of me for trying to figure things out with a deployed hubby). I figure that something must have been loose and re-seating everything worked, for now at least.
Thanks for all your help!
Old 06-19-2021, 12:47 PM   #5
NH_Bulldog

I had a similar problem with my last Ford vehicle where fan would only work on one speed. It tended to be intermittent so I replaced the blower motor speed controller and it solved the problem for good
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
f150