Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2018, 07:42 PM   #21
waltheraustin

That's my new term for towing. Tossing..

Lol, thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
waltheraustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 07:47 PM   #22
vampress_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
In other words, what you did was "reboot everything" and doing so "lost" all of your settings. In a way, if you've never done that before and it's a used vehicle, it may be a "good thing" in that now the truck will "adapt itself to your style of driving" and "forget" all those bad habits it learned from being a rental truck......
Is this just a Ford thing or do all the big 3 do it? Drives me bonkers when there are 2 of us that drive the vehicle (3 if you include the one with a permit ) and have 2 different styles of driving. Dang vehicle gets confused and shifts like junk for the first while of driving. I wish you could select the person driving like it has our seat preferences memorized by button.

2019 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB DRW, not the mom taxi anymore...
2021 Alliance Paradigm 340RL
2016 F-350 diesel 4x4 CC LB SRW, mom taxi - sold
2014 Cougar XLite 28RDB - sold
vampress_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Lynette,

I really can't say about the "other two" but Fords are notorious for "changing settings with different drivers".... Every time I get in the DW's Escape, I want to hang a foot out to help it get going, and until we drive 20-30 miles, it seems like an "old mare that wants to go back to the barn".... After it realizes it's not her driving, it perks up and acts "normal" (well as normal as a V-6 can act) LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:00 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampress_me View Post
Is this just a Ford thing or do all the big 3 do it? Drives me bonkers when there are 2 of us that drive the vehicle (3 if you include the one with a permit ) and have 2 different styles of driving. Dang vehicle gets confused and shifts like junk for the first while of driving. I wish you could select the person driving like it has our seat preferences memorized by button.
Back in 2000 bought a Chevy truck. Battery only lasted 2 years and after replacing the truck barely ran, stalling if the accelerator wasn't depressed. The trans shifted like a teenager learning to drive a stick. I drove it 2 footed for a few miles until stopping for coffee as I thought I might be spending some time on the side of the road waiting for a tow. Came out, restarted and truck ran fine. The computer had to relearn everything including the throttle position sensor. We had an extended warranty so called the dealer and was informed it was "normal" and that the mechanics used a 9 v battery with a cig lighter plug on the end to provide enough electricity to retain the memory while a battery was disconnected.So no it's not just a Ford thing, at Chevy had a similar set up 18 years ago.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring