Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
Mosnowman

Rocking Chair Problem in Bullet

I have a new 278RLS Bullet and the rocking chairs seem to have an issue with them and I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

When you sit in the chair you go very quickly backwards and usually hit the curtains or the molding around the curtains. Upon further looking at the chairs the bottom bracket seems backwards. They have 2 large springs in front of the chair and one small spring in the rear. Logically I would think the two large springs would be in the rear, but when I switched the bracket it makes the chair seem too upright and not able to fully rock back. So thus my question about these chairs.

If anyone has a 2011 278RLS Bullet in Godiva and could check the underneath side of the chairs it would be appreciated. Mainly I am wondering if the 2 springs in front should be in back..or have you also had a proble of rocking back quickly and too far?

Hope this makes sense..it isn't easy trying to explain the problem. Any help would be appreciated!
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
Mosnowman

Anyone?

Okay so after switching the brackets the chairs are way too upright...I switched them back.

Any suggestions at all on how to solve this problem? I did tape some high density foam on the chair legs in back to keep from hitting the curtains when sitting in them. I'm thinking this must be an isolated problem on my camper since no one else seems to have the problem.....?

Has anyone had problems with your chairs from Keystone?
Mosnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
Pajoder

Thumbs up Rocking Chair

Looks like we will learn a lot from each other....I just bought a 278RLS myself, and even thought we are happy with it, I'm starting to adventure some with it. This weekend I'm mounting a bracket for a 19 in flat TV in the bedroom and will also check on the chairs. I will ask one of the members about how he changed the living room TV to a bigger one.
Pajoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
camper 2010

Pajoder When you take down the folding TV shelf, try ising it between the two chairs in the living room. You will need to move each bracket in about 1 inch. This will add lots of space for your coffee cups on a rainy morning. Do not forget to lower the shelf before retracting your slide.
camper 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
vcourtney

We just recently bought a new 2011 288RLS Bullet and have the same problem with one of our rockers. When you sit in it it goes way back. We contacted our dealer to see if we could get it replaced and Keystone denied an exchange. Our dealer said they fixed them all the time and told us to bring it in....we live 150 miles away from our dealer so it was a bit of a drive, but we did it only to be told by the service tech once we got there that they've never fixed one before. He said there didn't seem to be anything wrong with it though and the underneath looked just like our second chair that did function properly. The tech did offer to put a block of wood under the springs and that solved the problem of tipping back but rendered the rocking capacity useless.
We contacted Keystone twice asking the chair to be changed out with one that would work, and twice they have denied the request. Our dealer said they will try to get us a chair if we will have patience and work with them, but think that's a nice way of saying "you're screwed". We will not purchase another Keystone product....if they are this bad taking care of some "small" customer service issue, what will they be like on something serious.
vcourtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
Retiredsorta

Rocking Chair Problem in Bullet

I have a 2011 278RLS I bought new in Dec 2010. I haven't had any issues with our rockers. I do find they rock back kind of far. I think it's more of just cheap rockers. My dealer is only 15 miles from the house. They have been excellent so far. I'll give them a call this week to see if anyone has reported this. We've used the trailer quite a bit and are satisfied so far. I also installed a 19" tv in the bedroom. I used 2-6" square pieces of plywood to reinforce the wardrobe wall. Worked out great and nice to watch news in bed.

2013 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax Diesel
2011 Bullet 278RLS
Retiredsorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #7
gmtech1

I just checked mine i have the 29rtpr and the 2 springs are in the front. I would make sure you pull the chairs out because i already broke the clip off the curtains and pulled the blindes out of the wall.just wondering how you like the quality.
gmtech1 is offline   Reply With Quote