Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2015, 07:10 AM   #1
sptddog

RV Parking at Niagara Falls

We will be in Niagara Falls for essentially an overnight. We'd like to tour a bit at Niagara Falls, but I'm not sure it's worth pulling into a campground, as we'll only be there around 24 hours. I will get a site though if I can't find somewhere to leave the camper if we need to drive around, or if there isn't RV parking at the Niagara Falls State Park and Visitor's Center. I just fear if I have to get a site, I would have to get it two nights, so that we could park there around 4pm, and leave at 4pm the next day.

Does anyone know whether we can park (and leave the camper if we need to...will we?) at the Visitor's Center? Would we be allowed to park there overnight? If not, how is Four Mile Creek State Park?

TIA
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

We stayed at the KOA and found it very nice. I would call them, if it's not busy they can " bend the rules" on check in/out.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
koko

We also stayed at the KOA (we stayed 3 days-so much to see). It took us about 10 minutes to drive to the falls. We've worked out time restraints with KOAs many times. They're usually very reasonable about it. All I remember around the actual Niagra Falls NP area was lots of cars, lots of congestion and limited space for parking anything. We have a small trailer and wouldn't have considered taking it anywhere near.

2017 Jayco Melbourne 24k-Jeep Wrangler
2013 Bullet Premier 19FBPR-Dodge Durango V8 Hemi
2013 Rpod 177HRE-Jeep Liberty
2011 Aliner Sport-Jeep Cherokee
2008 Little Guy 5^Wide-Toyota Avalon
1980 Shasta 21-GMC Suburban
1981 Coleman Tent Camper-1981 Dodge Ramcharger
1978 VW Westfalia
Lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:44 AM   #4
Cgjt

Four Mile Park is a New York State park. It is a nice, well kept campground with a small store and nice, clean facilities. Some real nice sites overlooking Lake Ontario ( prime sites with extra fee). If you were to camp at Four Mile, your reservation would allow you to go to Niagara Fall State Park for no fees. A nice little perk plus the drive is not very far. It would allow you to camp, go to Niagara Falls (do both the American and Canadian sides) and stay one more night then leave early the following day. Check in at NYS parks is 3PM and check out is at 11AM. If you call them you could probably check in early (noon), go to Niagara Falls, return to camp and then depart the following morning. Hope this gives you some ideas. Enjoy!
Cgjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 12:54 PM   #5
cabinfever

When we were there last year, not camping, one thing I noted was there was no way I would take a camper of any size to the falls. IMO, I would find a nice CG and leave the camper there, just take the TV to the Falls.

2007 Silverado 2500HD 4X4
2013 Springdale 303BHSSR
cabinfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:52 AM   #6
coop

Places to Stay

We stayed at Branches of Niagra, close to the falls, not to busy, Nice park.
coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #7
flint1962

We have stayed many times at the Campark which is just past the KOA on Lundys lane around the curves heading out of Niagara Falls. Quite a bit cheaper and very nice. Not Scotts trailer park. Campark is past that.
flint1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:26 AM   #8
{tpc}

We are going this year in june and staying at four mile creek. It looks nice but its also a little bit of a drive to the falls. However, I think we are going to use the more northern bridge (can't remember what it is called now) to cross instead of the rainbow bridge from canada to new york. That puts us closer the four mile.

Not sure if your crossing from canada or coming up through new york though.

I have to think there may be a lot of traffic around the falls, and personally I wouldn't want to have to deal with it and try to find parking. Reminds me of last year, we were going through frankenmuth, mi on way back from camping and considered stopping for dinner. Except something going on that weekend. After driving around for 20 mi with the trailer in tow, we decided to skip it...too busy and to hard to find a spot large enough to park.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:38 PM   #9
Shadowcats

Like you we only had 24hrs...stayed at a little campground just down from the KOA. We got there late afternoon, dropped the trailer and went to the falls for the night light show...no admission either. Only about 10 minutes from the falls...went back the next morning and spent all morning touring and taking pictures. We pulled out a little after noon. Was a great side trip and certainly worth it.